"Gives you the best route to where you want to go" - New York Times
“You won't realize how much time you can save planning until you use this app” - LA Times
“Killer app” - WSJ
"MBTA has a favorite transit app — and it's called Transit" - Boston Globe
Transit is your real-time urban travel companion. Navigate your city’s public transit system with accurate real-time predictions, simple trip planning, step-by-step navigation, service disruption notifications, and departure and stop reminders... all presented in a clear, bold interface. Public transport not cooperating? Easily request a ride from Uber, Lyft or VIA, or grab the closest bikeshare.
10 GREAT THINGS YOU CAN DO WITH TRANSIT:
1) See real-time arrivals for nearby buses and trains instantly upon launch.
2) Watch your transit vehicle approaching on a map in real-time
3) Compare options with powerful A to B trip plans using real-time data.
4) Launch GO for step-by-step navigation when you’re on an unfamiliar route or want to nap/read/space out.*
5) Receive departure alarms and stop notifications as well as prompts to pick up the pace in GO.*
6) Get push notifications if service disruptions will affect your commute.
7) Plan trips, view transit schedules and get route itineraries—even when you’re offline!
8) Locate bikeshare stations, see the number of bikes available, pay for passes, and unlock bikes (in select cities).
9) Check ETA (and price) for nearby Uber, Lyft and VIA rides, and book in two taps.
10) Easily plan and pay for a trip combining Uber, Lyft, or VIA with transit. We call it Transit+
*continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
5-STAR USER REVIEWS
“Your app was the deciding factor in selling my car”
“Blows Google Maps out of the water.”
"Probably the best thing on my phone, no joke."
“The head of our local transit agency recommended this app over the one her agency created.”
"Truly ingenious work here. Honestly, these guys should be in charge of actual public transportation itself."
Transit works in 200+ cities across North America, Europe, Australia and New Zealand (see USA list below).
Baltimore (MTA*, RTA, Charm City Circulator*)
Boston (MBTA*, Massport, MetroWest RTA, Brockton Area Transit (BAT), Lowell RTA, Plymouth & Brockton S. R. Co., CATA)
Chicago (CTA*, Pace, Metra, NICTD)
Hartford (CTTransit, CTFastrak*)
Los Angeles (Metro*, OCTA*, Metrolink, LADOT*, Omnitrans, RTA, Burbank Bus, Torrance Transit Foothill Transit*, Big Blue Bus*, Beeline*)
Miami (MDT*, BCT, Palm Tran*, Tri-Rail)
New York City (NYC Subway*, MTA Buses*, LIRR*, Metro-North*, NJ Transit*, PATH, SI Ferry, NICE*, Bee-Line, RI Tram, NY Waterway, AirTrain, CTTransit, CTFastrak*)
Philadelphia (SEPTA*, NJ Transit*, PATCO)
Salt Lake City*
San Diego (MTS*, NCTD*)
San Francisco (BART*, MUNI*, Caltrain*, AC Transit*, VTA*, County Connection*, Golden Gate Transit, SamTrans, Sonoma County Transit, Healdsburg Transit, Cloverdale Transit, Marin Transit)
Seattle (Metro Transit*, City of Seattle*, King County Marine Division, Sound Transit*, Pierce Transit, Kitsap Tours, Everett Transit)
Washington DC (DC Metro / Bus*, DC Circulator*, Ride On*, Arlington Transit*, Fairfax Connector, MTA, VRE*, PRTC)
+ Many more
* Uses real-time predictions & vehicle locations for some or all routes.
Transit also works in cities around the world. View select cities below and the full list at transitapp.com
Snowbanks are piling up against the Transit office windows and the whistle of a downdraught is sneaking through our doors and the moon is a little salted pringle dangling in the sky but who amongst us has any time for irrelevant details like THESE when it’s high season for bug treason up in the Great Canadian North.
- Better Instant ETAs: when you open the app, next to the search bar, there’s a “work” or “home” icon with an “instant ETA” to that destination. (We use your “favourite” locations to predict where you’re headed, and the ETA there, based on your time of day + day of week.)
- Thanks to new Algorithmic Improvements™ we predict instant ETA destinations much better than before — aka no more instant ETAs to work, on your off-day.
- If you disabled Transit notifications, sometimes your phone would still vibrate. We consulted Bill Murray: your ghost vibrations have been successfully busted.
- Fixed a bug where the map of your bus/train line would sometimes not appear, if you tapped it open on the home screen.
- What else? Our Apple Watch app was behaving a fool, crashing like a coconut onto Isaac Newton’s imperious skull. Took a minute for us to find it, but when we did, we were merciless.
- Hey Mr. Bug: you think you’d get away with this forever? Not on our watch. See you in hell!
- Depending on your city, there can be multiple stops with the same name (e.g. a “Chambers St.” stop for the A train, as well as a different “Chambers St.” stop for the 2 train).
- We no longer remove similarly-named stops from our search results. Phew!
- Fixed a bug where, after installing the app & opening it for the first time, a loading spinner would be triggered. And it just kept on spinning…
- Transit bug hunters, 1. Infinite spinner aficionados, 0.
We also snuck in some other improvements that you may or may not notice; little things that we’ll announce with more fanfare, soon. Found a bug in the meantime? Let us know on Twitter @transitapp! (PS: you read all the way to the end??? Wow! Go pat* yourself** on*** the**** back*****)
****No, wait: five million
*****Stars? Thank you <333
Super accurate and helpful. Tells you how many stops you have left and what number bus to get on, how long the bus’ll take (only approximately, might be a few mins off btw) I’ve never been good at catching the bus. I’ve sat on twitter and forgot, or I rode the same bus but it was going the opposite way, or simply missing it cuz I came out late. Highly encouraging for dumbasses like me.
カナダ、バンクーバーに留学する時、ホストファミリーに教えてもらったこのアプリ。カナダは日本のバスとは違って時刻表がなく、雪や雨などの天候でだいぶ左右される交通機関です。現地の人はかなり御用達らしいです！！是非！！I recommend this app!!
Amazing and great companion traveling Boston
It’s almost perfect routing navigation.
Real-time transit recommendations are great feature, I am very much fun.
Super helpful app if you’re traveling Boston by MBTA.