***Please note that this application can only be used by UNC Hospital employees, residents, physicians, nurses or medical students due to the required login.
UNC Housestaff is the first application of its kind. It allows easy access to a phone directory for UNC Hospitals, provides a convenient paging system for individual residents or programs, gives easy access to useful websites, and has a database of useful medical resources, including pertinent protocols and charts for UNC.
- Easily search by unit/floor name or by the phone number (reverse look-up for number-only pages)
- For iPhone users - dial the number right from the app!
- New for iPhone and iPad - dial number in Skype if installed on your device
- WakeMed numbers also included!
- Options to search for resident name, select resident by program/year, or select entire programs to page at once
- Pages are sent as emails, so you must be connected to the internet to use this system
- NOTE: Your email address will be sent with the page, so these pages are not anonymous. Be careful what you send!
- Convenient access to useful websites
- WebCIS is available, although not all features are available through iOS devices
- UpToDate access is available if you are on the UNC Hospitals or WakeMed WiFi network
- Useful documents organized by program
- Open documents in other compatible apps (such as iBooks!), print to a compatible printer directly from the app, or email the document
Also new in 4.0:
- Support for iOS 8 and the larger displays of the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus!
Right now the application includes information for several hospital departments. If you would like your department added, please contact me through the app Feedback button to receive instructions as to how to add the information.
If you are from another hospital and have interest in this program, please contact me through the app contact address.
NOTE: The information found within this program cannot replace clinical judgment. The creator of this program cannot be held liable for medical errors resulting from use or misuse of this program. In addition, this application is not produced or endorsed by UNC Hospitals or the University of North Carolina.