If you are viewing a Web site with your browser and you decide that you would like to make a copy of it on your hard drive, you have to manually save each page as you view it along with embedded pictures, sounds and so on. This can be a very long and tedious process, and in many cases it's more trouble than it's worth. It doesn't have to be that way, however, as Web Dumper makes this whole process very fast and easy.
With Web Dumper you can download entire Websites off of the Internet, and save them on your hard drive for later offline browsing. Downloaded Web sites are saved on your hard drive with their directory structure intact. Web Dumper automatically downloads HTML documents along with their embedded pictures, sounds, movies and so on while it screens them to look for any enclosed links to other documents.
Web Dumper lets you select which kinds of file you want to be dumped between more than 60 available standard types, the folder depth level, how links must be processed and if it must re-link your HTML documents for offline browsing.
In addition Web Dumper gives support to incremental downloads. Indeed, you can fetch contents by enclosing sequence numbers into brackets directly into the URL. For example http://www.maxprog.com/picture[12-15].jpg will have Web Dumper to download 'picture12.jpg' to 'picture15.jpg'. You can insert more sequences like in http://www.maxprog.com/test[1-2]/picture[001-002].jpg resulting in the files 'picture001.jpg' and 'picture002.jpg' from the folders 'test1' and 'test2' to be downloaded. The possibilities are endless, you can fetch whole image libraries or any kind of file (html, movies, etc…) in a blink.
- SSL download (https) is now much faster and multi-threaded.
- New 'About the app' box tool menu entry to Get license info.
- New 'About the app' box tool menu entry to see the User License Agreement.
- New 'About the app' box tool menu entry to Reset the app settings to factory default.
- Fix: Status line now shows 'https://' rather than 'http://' for secure pages.
- Fix: URL list now shows 'https://' rather than 'http://' for secure pages.
- Fix: Connections setting is now saved and restored even for values greater than 10.
- Fix: List icon showing a black background on given occasions.