With WhatsApp for Mac, you can conveniently sync all your chats to your computer. Message privately, make calls and share files with your friends, family and colleagues.
• Added support to jump to next chat after archiving current chat
• Added separate wallpaper settings for light and dark mode
• Improved toolbar performance on older OS versions
• Improved media thumbnails aspect ratio
• Improved chat banners look and feel (eg. description, pins, etc)
• Improved PTT messages look and feel
• Improved error messages to clarify why media download failed
• Fixed an issue preventing to remove doodle from chat wallpaper
• Fixed an issue preventing to select text on very long message
• Fixed an issue preventing to send media via drag and drop
• Fixed an issue where canceling search during forwarding a message would cancel forward flow
• Fixed order of contact to alphabetical order in the contact picker
We are listening to your feedback and will continue to update the app regularly to fix bugs, optimize performance and improve the experience. Thank you for using our new Mac app!
Ratings and Reviews
App icon badge feature
I think notification badges should stay there as long as we don’t text back. Now they are gone once we open this app. I think it makes someone ghost people by accident and it might hurt someone’s feelings.
Maybe people who only use whatsapp don’t feel this way, but as a Japanese I use Line more often and in the app we have notification badges forever as long as we don’t respond, so I felt a little inconvenience with this app
Badge notification should stay if some messages remain unread
Badge notification disappears when I open the app and new messages remain unread.
This is inconvenient when I want to reply to just one chat and come back to other chats later, but then I forget that those chats are still unread because the red badge is gone.
Other messaging apps like LINE shows the number of unread messages inside the red badge and it doesn’t disappear until all the messages have been read.
I’ve seen other people on the internet having the same issue, yet this problem is still not solved.
I reported this inconvenience to the Whatsapp contact team and they replied with a completely irrelevant answer.
Bug #2 : Call disconnected while u minimize and play YouTube video
Issue: While using WhatsApp video call when a user minimizes the screen and talks, on the other end the video is paused whereas as soon as any video on YouTube is turned on, the call is disconnected.
Impact: Call which is connected with another persons abruptly turns off!
Solution: Try to prioritize the volume allocation of the system and make sure that if two processes tries to use same drivers, it creates new instance and does not break the system.
Thank you for your support and making WhatsApp awesome as always!!!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Search History
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- WhatsApp Inc.
- 109.7 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Bengali, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2023 WhatsApp LLC