Yoink for iPad and iPhone lets you easily and quickly store items you drag, copy, share or download for later use.
This way, you can collect items in a central place without having to constantly move back and forth between your source- and destination applications.
The app accepts virtually any file type, for example app-content like images from websites, text snippets, web urls, eMails and documents - no matter if you drag, copy, share or download them.
Here's what users say about Yoink:
"The best shelf app on iOS" - Igloouk, UK App Store
"Most useful app in the iOS store. What a gem." - noway170, Austrian App Store
"A godsend. Get this. Now." - mr chairboy, US App Store
As a Slide-Over or Side-by-Side app on iPad, Yoink is always ready for you to drag something to it, no matter what app you're in. Just slide Yoink into view and conclude your drag operation.
On iPhone, use Yoink's Share extension, or copy-paste items into Yoink.
Items are stored in Yoink for later use, featuring rich previews for easy identification and full previews for most file types.
Drags containing multiple items are combined into a Stack.
Yoink comes with deep system integration:
- iCloud Sync
Synchronize Yoink's items across your devices using iCloud
Transfer files between iPhones, iPads and Macs (separate Mac Yoink app required) using Handoff
- Action/Share Extension
Almost any item you can share via the system-wide Share sheet, you can send directly to Yoink from there
Yoink has its own keyboard so that inserting items you've stored in Yoink is easy and quick, without having to launch Yoink.
- Spotlight Integration
Any item in Yoink can be found via Spotlight - and the search-results are draggable.
- Today Widget
Access Yoink's items and save the contents from your clipboard in Yoink from Notification Center
- Shortcuts / Siri Suggestions
Yoink offers you Siri Shortcuts and Suggestions so you can automate processes, like adding items from the clipboard to Yoink, or copying items from Yoink, as well as starting downloads in Yoink.
- Files Integration
Access Yoink's files from any app that supports iOS 11's document browser
Here's what the press says about Yoink:
"Yoink is the shelf app Apple should have made." - Federico Viticci, MacStories.net
"Yoink is a must-have app" - Jeff Benjamin; 9to5mac.com
"Indispensable for power users." - Craig Grannell; techradar.com
- The Info panel now shows dimensions and durations for media files
- Improves the performance when dragging text-based or image files out of Yoink
- Improves Quick Look usage
- Improves the wording of "No other devices synced"
- Fixes an issue where Yoink's Clipboard bar would sometimes show "Add '(null)'"
- Fixes a bug that, in some cases, made drag and drop from Yoink fail when the lock button was unlocked
- Fixes a rare crash when checking for expensive or constrained networks
- Fixes an insertion-point bug when dragging something to Yoink
- Fixes iCloud push on iOS 13
- Fixes a bug that caused the download notifications alert to pop up even after "Don't Allow" was selected
- Fixes a bug where paste via an external keyboard didn't work
- Fixes a bug where sometimes links would become unusable
- Fixes a bug that caused a stack's icon not to be cleaned up properly after splitting up the stack
- Fixes a bug that caused the preview of stacks (by long-tapping on iOS 13) to be sized improperly
- Fixes a rare crash of Yoink's File Provider extension
- Fixes a bug that caused stacks not to be updated correctly when trashing items within them
- Fixes a bug where files and stacks would not update correctly when using iOS 13's editing features for images, for example
- Fixes a UI issue where a stack's toolbar wouldn't update to the correct amount of items held when undoing the trashing of a file within it
- Fixes an issue where sometimes an icon couldn't be created
If you enjoy Yoink, please consider leaving a rating or a review of the app - it would mean a lot to me and help me out quite a bit. Thank you.
If you're interested in my apps and their development, or my life as an indie developer, I'd like to invite you to follow me on my blog (https://blog.eternalstorms.at), twitter (https://twitter.com/eternalstorms), facebook (https://facebook.com/eternalstorms) or instagram (https://instagram.com/eternalstorms).
Should you experience issues with Yoink or have any feedback or questions, please don't hesitate to write me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you kindly,