Simply analyze the signal quality and behavior of different iBeacons and perform the fine tuning of their settings like the broadcasting power and interval.
Understand how the iOS device perceives the beacon signal and how the proximity class, the RSSI (Received Signal Strength Indicator) and the accuracy in meters correlate.
A configurable list shows all ranged beacons with their current values, even from different manufacturers. When a beacon is selected, a detail view shows the single updates as raw values. A live line chart visualizes the accuracy, RSSI and proximity class evolution. A histogram with a configurable time window depicts the distribution of the single accuracy values. Statistics containing the mean, the median and the standard deviation of different time windows (60, 15 and 5 seconds) are calculated and presented in a table.
The Beacon Analyzer includes a list of the most known iBeacon manufacturers default UUIDs for a quick start. Own beacon identifiers can be easily added.
At a glance, the Beacon Analyzer helps to ...
- Check the signal quality of your beacons before deploying them
- Easily check the on site signal quality of deployed beacons
- Understand how the proximity class, RSSI and the accuracy in meters work in iOS
- Understand how the signal behaves when obstructed by people or by other obstacles
- Understand how the signal behaves when it reaches the device at different angles
- Demonstrate the basic concepts and behaviour of beacons
- The accuracy, rssi and proximity diagram now displays a changeable time window from 5 seconds to 15 minutes
- The description defined in the beacon UUID configuration is shown in the beacon list as product name
- When a RSSI greater than -40 dBm is detected, the diagram's axis range is automatically adjusted to display it
- Japanese localization, thanks to Shogo Moriyama for the kind translation
The developer, contexagon, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.