Updated Aug. 2020. Easy to use, science-based, comprehensive dietary & lifestyle guide for Multiple Sclerosis (MS), its likely health issues & complications. (ICD-10=G35)
Choose This Not That for Multiple Sclerosis (MS). Inside this colorful app, you will find easy to follow suggestions on how to improve your health through nutrition and the food choices you make every day. This app provides comprehensive and actionable nutrition guidelines for how to prevent and manage Multiple Sclerosis and its complications. If you rather tackle health issues and risks through proper nutrition and lifestyle changes then this app is for you!
A number of features make this app so different and superior to others in the market:
• This publication is the only one in the market that offers dietary guidance for MS along with its combination with the following most likely health issues: constipation, depression, fatigue, impotence, muscle aches/pains, osteoporosis, stress, UTI and vitamin D deficiency. Also included is guidance for the following topics relevant to autoimmune disorders: anti-inflammation diet, detoxification, leaky gut and microbiome health.
• Is this food good for me? Answer to the common question about suitability of various food items and recipes for your personal situation, in an easy to understand and colorful graphic form.
• Top-5 items to do or eat, and the top-5 things to avoid.
• Recommendations on the best food choices within a food group, based on your personal profile. An extremely valuable tool when at restaurants or when grocery shopping. Over 850 food items and growing number of recipes are included.
• ACTIONABLE information on what is good, what is bad, and what is neutral for your condition(s). We single out specific food items, and give you an ordered list of helpful and harmful foods within each food group.
• Suggestions on appropriate life style choices, alternative therapies and herbal remedies, when such options are promising and available to you.
The primary sources used by this app are US government sources such as USDA (US Department of Agriculture), NIH (National Institute of Health) agencies, and leading clinics & universities.
Personal Remedies is the producer of the world's first e-dietitian and publisher of the largest collection of health and nutrition apps for chronic conditions. Based in metro-Boston, home to the highest ranking healthcare providers and academic institutions in the world.
The information presented by this app is updated by our team as needed and on an ongoing basis. Updates happen seamlessly, and do NOT require frequent inconvenient downloads of a new version of the app.
“This technology was developed using the most current clinical evidence-based information that is available in the US. Behind this technology there is a team of expert clinicians, scientists, endocrinologists, oncologists, and other specialists who are passionate about bridging the gap between expert knowledge and the patient.“
Katya Tsaioun, PhD, Nutrition, Tufts University; L.D.N.
“Proper nutrition and other alternative treatments show great promise in preventing and treating many of the illnesses that we deal with every day. I encourage all my patients to follow appropriate nutrition and research other options for themselves. The Choose This Not That series are an excellent step towards improving people’s knowledge in this area.”
Shahin Tabatabaei, MD
Mass General Hospital; Harvard Medical School
“The Choose This Not That series of apps provide dietary recommendations focused on common chronic health problems. They are easy to understand and thus easy to implement into daily life. Most doctors would find it difficult to discuss dietary recommendations at the level of detail found in the series. They should serve as a valuable complement in helping people manage chronic illnesses through dietary and lifestyle modifications.”
Andrew S. Lenhardt, MD
Medical Director, Lahey Clinic, Beverly, MA
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Personal Remedies, LLC
- 3.4 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2019 Personal Remedies, LLC
- USD 4.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.