Updated significantly Aug. 2020, science-based dietary guide on how to deal with Osteoarthritis (OA) and its most common comorbidities. (ICD-10=M19)
Choose This not That for Osteoarthritis. This colorful app provides comprehensive and actionable nutrition guidelines for how to prevent or manage symptoms of Osteoarthritis (OA) aka degenerative arthritis. Numerous scientific studies over the years have found a strong connection between specific nutrients in our diet, lifestyle choices and OA. If you prefer to tackle health issues through nutrition and lifestyle changes instead of or in addition to prescription drugs and other typical medical treatments, then this app is for you.
A number of powerful, unique and interactive features make this app so different and superior to others in the market:
•Is this food good for me? This feature answers the common question about suitability of various food items for your personal situation. And it does so in an easy to understand and colorful graphic form.
• Health issues often come our way in groups of two or more. They are often caused by other health complications or result in other illnesses and risks. This publication is the only one on the market that also offers dietary guidance for the COMBINATION of OA and the following health issues common among patients with OA: Cancer risk, Depression, Diabetes Type-2, Excess weight, Gout, Heart disease, High blood pressure, High cholesterol, Osteoporosis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, and Vitamin D Deficiency. In addition separate guidelines are provided for an anti-inflammation diet, and for those who take NSAID drugs for their pain.
• Top-5 helpful items and the Top-5 items to avoid.
• Food Suggestions. You can ask for suggestions on the best food choices within a food group, and get expert recommendations based on your personal profile. An extremely valuable tool when you are in a restaurant or grocery store.
• ACTIONABLE information on what is good, what is bad, and what is neutral for your condition(s). We single out specific food items, and give you an ordered list of helpful and harmful foods within each food group.
• Suggestions on appropriate life style choices, alternative therapies and herbal remedies, when such options exist and are helpful to you.
Suggestions presented in this app are based on the content licensed from Personal Remedies, LLC. The primary sources used by that site are USDA (US Department of Agriculture) and NIH (National Institute of Health) agencies, and leading clinics & universities.
Personal Remedies is the publisher of the largest collection of health and nutrition apps for chronic conditions in the market. It is based in metro-Boston, home to the highest ranking healthcare providers and academic institutions in the world.
The information presented by this app is updated by our team as needed and on an ongoing basis. These database updates happen seamlessly, and do NOT require frequent inconvenient downloads of a new version of the app.
“This technology was developed using the most current clinical evidence-based information that is available in the US. Behind this technology there is a team of expert clinicians, scientists, endocrinologists, oncologists, and other specialists who are passionate about bridging the gap between expert knowledge and the patient.“
Katya Tsaioun, PhD, Nutrition, Tufts University; L.D.N.
“Proper nutrition and other alternative treatments show great promise in preventing and treating many of the illnesses that we deal with every day. I encourage all my patients to follow appropriate nutrition and research other options for themselves. The Choose This Not That series are an excellent step towards improving people’s knowledge in this area.”
Shahin Tabatabaei, MD
Mass General Hospital; Harvard Medical School
“As an orthopedic surgeon treating fragility fractures, I love that my patients stay engaged in their health and actively see what foods they should consume and avoid, using their smart device.”
Bruce Gomberg, MD
Orthopedic Surgeon, Exeter, NH
Updated the data and science for numerous conditions. Added Recipe feature, and numerous new food items. Ease of use improvements.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Personal Remedies, LLC
- 4.9 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2019 Personal Remedies, LLC
- USD 4.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.