* TOP #5 TRAVEL APPS in the United Kingdom (all Virtual 3D Tours about Hadrian's Wall)
* TOP #10 ENTERTAINMENT APPS in the United Kingdom, New Zealand and Ireland
* TOP #50 ENTERTAINMENT APPS in 45 countries including: the United States, Australia, Canada, Germany, France and Italy (all Virtual 3D Tours about Hadrian's Wall)
Read what the critics are saying about
* ...perfect mix between entertainment and education in the same time... BestNewEduApps *
* ... have fun and learn about the Roman Army greatest fortification system... Best iOS Apps Magazine*
Virtual Heritage presents "Denton Hall Turret. Hadrian's Wall", first from the series of virtual tours over the most interesting places along the Hadrian's Wall.
"Denton Hall Turret" app is powered by Unreal Engine technology and is an awesome new way to experience Hadrian's Wall, one of the wonders of the ancient world. By using Epic Games' award-winning, most advanced game engine, viewers can freely visit this 3D reconstructed monument in their own pace in engaging and educating way.
Hadrian's Wall is the most important monument built by Roman army in Britain and was the most heavily fortified border in the Roman Empire. Roman emperor Hadrian came to Britain in 122 AD and ordered the construction of the most ambitious fortifications ever built by Romans - a 120 kilometers long defensive wall across the entire country with front ditch, Military Way and imposing earthwork called the Vallum. For almost 300 years, Hadrian's Wall was the Roman Empire most imposing frontier.
Denton Hall Turret (also called Turret 7B) is located east from Vindobala fort in Rudchester, and west from the roman fort in Condercum (Benwell). It was built by soldiers from the Second Augustan Legion (legio II Augusta) in 122 AD.
"Denton Hall Turret. Hadrian's Wall" app is a real-time virtual tour over 3D reconstruction of the turret and adjoining stretches of the Wall as it may looked like in 164 AD. If you want to feel like one of the roman soldiers from cohors I Vangionum Milliaria Equitata (part mounted auxiliary cohort from Upper Germany) patrolling the Wall, this app is for You.
* Powered by Unreal Engine technology
* Virtual, real-time walk over one of the turrets built by legio II Augusta
* Detailed 3D reconstruction of Denton Hall Turret based on latest archaeological excavations
* Animated movies presenting all four linear elements of Hadrian's Wall: the ditch, the Broad Wall, the Military Way and the Vallum
* Narrated, comprehensive information's about the Roman Empire most imposing frontier
* Great for kids as supplementary history lesson (no Ads, no In-App Purchases) Just let Your child explore our 3D reconstruction as any other FPS game level
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.