Incredible Numbers! 4+
Selected by Apple as Best of 2014, and winner of the 2015 Digital Book Award for Best Nonfiction App.
Bestselling author Professor Ian Stewart is your guide through Incredible Numbers. Numbers define the patterns of sunflowers; they bring pleasure through music; and they help us answer existential questions like; ‘How many ways are there to lace my shoes?’ Interactive examples – from simple equations to a working Enigma machine – put the beautiful concepts behind mathematics at your fingertips.
“A measure of Ian Stewart’s success is that he’s able to give a clear path through some very hairy mathematics.” – Times Higher Education Supplement
There’s so much more than a few screenshots can show:
– 23 articles crafted by Prof. Ian Stewart, embedded with 71 groundbreaking interactive demonstrations.
– 23 bespoke interactive sections that let you immerse yourself in the beautiful patterns and concepts behind each topic.
– 15 of Ian Stewart’s famous mathematical puzzles.
• Infinity – Explore infinity and understand what it really means to say something is infinite.
• Pi – Unwrap the mysteries of pi to see why this strange number is so important and why it’s not just about circles.
• Music – Music and math share the beauty of finding patterns in complexity. Detailed interactives show you how they relate in real, meaningful and fun ways.
• Codes – See how the power of numbers can unlock complexity in codes.
• Nature – See how numbers work in nature by looking at the Fibonacci sequence and how it appears in the real world in beautiful and surprising ways.
• Primes – Discover the mysterious patterns in prime numbers, and why they are so important.
• Polygons – Get to grips with shapes and polygons. Classical geometry is just another way to think about numbers!
• Factorials – How many ways can you lace your shoes? Did you know that if you have 4 eyelets, there are 24 possible lacing styles? With 12 eyelets there are 479,001,600 possibilities. See why this is so in Factorials!
Incredible Numbers aspires to convince you that maths is beautiful. Mathematicians know this already. The great solutions and proofs shine to them, but their underlying beauty has been hidden behind abstract algebra and complex equations. Until now.
If you enjoy this app, don’t forget to rate it in the App Store.
Minor bug fixes
평가 및 리뷰
앱이 수집하는 개인정보
NatureGuides Ltd. 개발자가 아래 설명된 데이터 처리 방식이 앱의 개인정보 처리방침에 포함되어 있을 수 있다고 표시했습니다. 자세한 내용은 개발자의 개인정보 처리방침을 참조하십시오.
데이터가 수집되지 않음
개발자가 이 앱에서 데이터를 수집하지 않습니다.
개인정보 처리방침은 사용하는 기능이나 사용자의 나이 등에 따라 달라질 수 있습니다. 더 알아보기
- NatureGuides Ltd.
- iPadOS 12.1 이상 필요.
- macOS 11.0 이상 및 Apple M1 칩 이상이 탑재된 Mac이 필요합니다.
- 연령 등급
- © 2021 RGB Co. Ltd
가족 공유를 활성화하면 최대 6명의 가족 구성원이 이 앱을 사용할 수 있습니다.