ScopeBoss emulates the Autostar II controller for Meade LX200GPS telescopes. It communicates with the scope through a WiFi-to-Serial adapter, such as the SkyFi by Southern Stars or the GC Wi-Fi Adapter, and provides complete control from iPhone or iPad. Using your telescope has never been so simple, convenient and reliable.
ScopeBoss arranges the Autostar II functionality into logical, convenient tabs, making important but hard-to-find operations immediately accessible.
The Keypad Tab provides the LCD display and the primary keypad buttons (minus slew arrows, which are found on their own separate tab) of the real, Autostar II hand-box controller. Most LX200GPS users will find much functionality here familiar, including numeric keys for data entry and hot button short cuts, as well as scrolling arrows for object and option lists. The Enter, Mode, and Go To keys provide their full Autostar II functionality, including long presses for syncing, displaying or entering RA/Dec coordinates, and initiating spiral searches. "Flipping" to the back side of the Keypad tab reveals the Connection tab. Connection between the iPhone or iPad’s WiFi and the scope’s WiFi-to-Serial adapter is established in this tab. Input fields permit specification of the adapter’s specific IP Address and port number.
Manually slewing the scope is performed in the Slew Tab. The primary slewing method uses Up, Down, Left and Right arrow buttons in the same manner as the real Autostar II. In addition, segmented switches provide control of the slew speed, as well as the ability to reverse slewing direction to match the optical system. “Flipping” to the back side of the tab reveals a second, gesture-based slewing method. This method uses finger drag gestures to slew the scope. In addition, a third method slews the scope according to the tip and tilt of the iPhone or iPad.
This tab makes much of the operation of the LX200GPS easier and more accessible. The front side of the tab provides customizable buttons for important functions such as Alignment methods, Parking, Initializing, Guided Tours and more. The back side presents the entire operation menu of the Autostar II in an expandable/collapsible table. This operation menu can be imported directly from the scope, or the default menu can be used.
This tab provides a choice of two star catalogs and one Messier catalog, totaling over 21,000 objects. Each catalog is displayed in a scrollable, searchable table. Tapping on an object in the table displays additional object information and offers the option to Go To the object or add it to Favorites.
Additional convenience functions are provided in the More… tab. Features include, displaying current coordinates or slewing to input coordinates (RA/Dec, Alt/Az), controlling the Meade micro focuser, entering manual commands, setting the scope from iPhone or iPad location and time, and more.
- Added Catalogs feature, providing scrollable, searchable access to over 21,000 stars, plus complete Messier catalog. Tapping any object in Catalogs displays additional information, offers the option to Go To, and allows the object to be added to Favorites.
- Renamed Main tab to Keypad.
- Moved Connection tab to the “flip” side of Keypad to create a spot for tab access to Catalogs on the bottom tab bar.
- Added the ability to import the scope’s menu into the Menu tab to accommodate menu variations between scope models and firmware versions. Retained Default menu and allows toggling between Default and Imported menus in Preferences.
- Rearranged buttons in Button tab, added customization of Button commands and titles, and added Scope Status button to report many current scope conditions.
- Switched Keypad up-list and down-list arrows to conform to wired Autostar II.
- Improved user interface.
- Improved WiFi connection stability.
- Many minor bug fixes.
가족 공유를 설정하면 최대 6명의 가족 구성원이 이 앱을 사용할 수 있습니다.