Scared of spiders? Arachnophobia Free has been developed by two UK leading consultant psychiatrists to help you the same way a real therapy would if you visited the doctor. We use exposure therapy to help you engage and remain relaxed when dealing with spiders.
- Reviewed by University of Roehampton
- Reviewed by diverse mental health organisations such as Anxiety UK and Time to Change
- Featured on the BBC, Channel 4 and other major media outlets
In the app Dr Freeman, our virtual doctor, guides you through therapeutic mini-games. Starting off with Itsy, a super cute pink spider that looks like a Disney character, you’ll gradually face more and more realistic spiders. You will help them escape from humans or help them catch their lunch. In the last stage you will be able to interact with an augmented reality tarantula that looks and moves like the real thing.
Benefits of this app:
- On the go: real exposure therapy in your hands
- Easy: do it in your own time and at your own pace
- Efficient: improve your wellbeing and get over your arachnophobia
- Get reminders of your sessions
- Share your progress with friends in Facebook
- Our aim is to improve the world’s mental health in a affordable and efficient way
- Part of the Telefonica O2’s accelerator program Wayra
- Winners of CUTEC from Cambridge University
- Winners of UnLtd BVC Challenge 2015 for social enterprises
- +25.000 people using our apps
- Performance improvements
- Various bug fixes
- Thrive Therapeutic Software Ltd
- 707.4 MB
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2016 Thrive Therapeutic Software Limited
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.