Turn videos into movie magic
With a streamlined design and intuitive Multi-Touch gestures, iMovie lets you create Hollywood-style trailers and beautiful movies like never before.
Instantly create Magic Movies
• With just a few taps, you can create and share a beautiful, custom video
• Select an album or group of videos or images and iMovie will create a video for you — no video editing required — with titles, transitions and music
• Easily rearrange or delete clips in the simplified shot list
• Apply a different style to change the look and feel of the whole video
Learn storytelling with Storyboards
• Choose from 20 Storyboards that help you get started with popular video types
• Record video or take photos into each placeholder clip, or add media from your Photos library
• Add, reorder and delete clips as needed to organise and customise your story
• Apply a dynamic visual style that include title layouts, fonts, filters, colour palettes and music
Make Hollywood-style trailers
• Choose from 14 trailer templates with stunning graphics and original scores by some of the world’s top film composers
• Customise movie studio logos, cast names and credits
• Select videos and photos for your trailer or record video directly in iMovie
Create beautiful movies
• Choose from 8 unique themes with matching titles, transitions and music
• Give your movie the perfect look with 13 Apple-designed video filters
• Choose from 11 animated title styles like Split, Reveal or Pop-up
• Adjust any title by changing its font, colour, size, location and more
• Add solid, gradient and patterned backgrounds to your movie
• Import and edit video captured in Cinematic mode on iPhone 13 or later
• Add, adjust and delete focus points and modify the depth of field effect in video recorded in Cinematic mode*
• Easily add picture-in-picture, green screen and split screen effects
• Select from more than 130 soundtracks that automatically adjust to the length of your movie
• Add sound effects, songs from your music library and your own narration
• Connect a keyboard and use simple shortcuts to edit movies quickly
• Connect a trackpad or mouse to iPad for fast and accurate moviemaking
• Transfer projects between your iPhone and iPad using AirDrop or iCloud Drive
• Send projects to your Mac via AirDrop or iCloud Drive to finish editing with iMovie or Final Cut Pro
• Connect an external display to your iPhone or iPad and choose to mirror the iMovie interface or display your video full screen while you edit**
Share with friends and family
• Send videos with Mail and Messages
• Save to your Photos library in resolutions up to 4K at 60 frames per second***
• Export videos optimised for Instagram, YouTube and other popular video destinations
* Requires iPhone XS or later, iPad mini (5th generation or later), iPad Air (3rd generation or later), iPad Pro 11-inch or iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd generation or later)
** External display support requires iPhone 7 or later, iPad (6th generation) or later, iPad Air 3 or later, iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2nd generation) or later
*** 4K at 60 frames per second support requires iPod touch (7th generation), iPhone SE (2nd generation), iPhone 7, iPad (6th generation) or later, iPad mini (5th generation), iPad Air 3 or later, iPad Pro 10.5-inch or later
• Apply four new dynamic styles that include title layouts, fonts, filters, colour palettes and music to Magic Movie or Storyboard movies
• Fixes an issue where media from a Photos album would be placed in non-chronological order in a Magic Movie project
• Fixes an issue in which Magic Movie and Storyboard movies in the viewer would not appear on external displays during playback
• Includes stability and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
I love the new update!! I know a lot of people who don’t use iMovie just because it doesn't have a lot of options with fonts & text. I was very happy when I saw the new update! You have a lot more options. You can change fonts, colors, and drag text where ever you want!! those are definitely my favorite! I used to use 2 apps, iMovie and something else to use text since iMovie was so limited with text & fonts. But now I can use one app and it's iMovie!! I'm so excited to keep using iMovie and have so many options! 𝗦𝘂𝗴𝗴𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀: new slides & having effects would be so cool! Thank you for this update! I'm sure a lot of people LOVE it!! 🦋
The App is very nice and easy to use, thank you for giving us the chance to work with. Ok now why not start moving to next level, I.e. having different fonts, font size, font color, manual text placement. As will new effects and slideshows (people get pored from same effects and slides, my friends keep telling me why your videos looks the same 😪 which made me start looking for new App’s.
I’m not asking for professional movie makers which some companies sell through apple store, only give us something new.
Thanks and hope you take this feedback to next meeting table.
This great App just needs to add a feature for edit and save audio files in mp3 format in case when you are not planning to add photos or video clips in your new project and just working with an audio files. I wish this will be comes in the upcoming update as soon as possible cause I love working with this App.
🏆Thank you iMove🏆
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Apple Distribution International
- 594.4 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 16.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 16.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2013-2022 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.