Based on the acclaimed Encyclopaedia of Arable Weeds and developed in association with ADAS, the BASF Weed ID App aims to provide an easy to use reference guide to the major broad-leaved weeds and grass-weeds in the UK supporting weed identification of 140 species.
The BASF Weed ID App brings weed identification right up to date, forgoing the need to take books into the field to identify potential weed species. Whatever crop you are growing, it is an essential part of good agricultural practice to know the weed species you need to control in order to use the most appropriate herbicide. This App has been designed to be an easy to use in-field practical aid to Crop Advisors, Growers, Trainee Agronomists and Agricultural Students. Correctly identifying weeds is the first step to effective control – download our smart, easy to use tool today.
The main features of the Weed ID App are:
* Quick and easy access to extensive weed library; >140 species, >1000 images
* Full description of each weed species at cotyledon, young plant and mature plant growth stages supported by accompanying pictures aiding identification
* Detailed grass-weed line drawings to highlight distinguishing features often too difficult to see from a photograph
* Interactive search of weed library via Weed ID Filter, Common Name List, Scientific Name List, or Free Text Search
* Mapmyweed tool to help pinpoint location of weeds on a map; assign name, size of patch and year
* Option to photograph the weed in your field and use to directly compare with images in the App library
* Export your weed photo and it’s GPS location by email to customers / colleagues at the touch of a button.
* Simple and fast interface
Being a trusted tool for many years, and helping thousands of users, it is time to give our app a well-deserved update. Nothing too drastic, a fresh lick of paint and replaced some parts under-the-hood. Send your feedback to email@example.com
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.