ONE OF TOP 3 APPS ON PRODUCT HUNT: https://www.producthunt.com/tech/kanji-ninja
Learn 1000+ Japanese characters (both drawing and meaning). Just 3 characters at a time! Have fun while learning, growing from white belt to black belt and competing with players around the world.
* Belt system: go from white belt to black belt and higher!
* Learn kanji, the characters of written Japanese, on the go through engaging mini-sessions where you learn 3 characters at a time. Both stroke order and meaning.
* The built-in optical character recognition (OCR) engine can check whether you drew characters correctly or not.
* To help with memorization, we first show you the stroke order, then assist you when you’re drawing the kanji for the first time. Then we expect you can recall it on your own. The blank screen shouldn’t scare you Don’t worry if you get it wrong. We’ll hold your hands until you master them all!
* All the kanjis are organized by levels. You can’t move on to the next level until you finish the current one.
* The adaptive engine tracks your progress and prompts you to review kanjis at just the right time.
* Compete against other learners around the world on the global leaderboard!
We built this app after the frustration from dozens of apps we tried when learning to draw Japanese characters. All of them were plain boring & we would give up after a few days. With Kanji Ninja, our hope is that you will help billions of neural connections to be created and wouldn’t even notice how the time flew.
If you have a minute, please leave your sensei a review in the App Store. It would mean a ton to him!
Become the Kanji Ninja (漢字忍者)!
We worked for a year on this update. This is Kanji Ninja 2.0. Let us know how to make it even better!
Ratings and Reviews
Good color palette you guys have
Very nice app to learn japanese symbols. Really liked the process of drawing. The colors are so carefully picked I could play it just for aesthetic pleasure. And maybe would be happy to see some mnemonic notes to make it easier to learn symbols (seven looks like arabic 7 was flipped)
Nice tools to make us learn
The app has good methodology and tools to get the material memorised.
I would love to have sound (pronunciation) added, and may be some examples of sentences, to get a feel for the language. nicely done overall, thank you guys!
Thanks a lot
That's exactly what I was searching for! Kanji learning is actually very hard, but this program allows us to practice, which is the best way to memorize them in a short period of time. Great ;)
- Zero to One Labs LLC
- 110.4 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © ZeroToOneLabs.com
- In-App Purchases
- KNLifeTime 6,990.00₸
- KNMonthSubscription 699.00₸
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.