Sun Surveyor takes the mystery out of the sunrise, sunset, and moon phases, allowing photographers and filmmakers to scout the best locations, plan effectively, and get the perfect shot.
The Live Camera View, Interactive Map (with Street View), 3D Compass, and detailed Ephemeris provide a wealth of information about the largest natural light source in the galaxy, as well as the moon, and milky way:
- View augmented reality projections of the sun and moon paths, pinpoint the time the sun or moon will be at a particular location in the sky
- Predict and plan for the golden hour, blue hour and every sunrise, sunset, moonrise and moonset
- Prepare night photography shots with the Milky Way & star trail features
Solar Industry (PV) Professionals, architects, real estate agents, and gardeners will also find a wealth of empowering interactive features:
- Show clients the quality and quantity of seasonal sunlight at a given location
- Understand potential shade of surroundings and discover any obstructions
- Create images of the summer and winter Solstice & Equinox paths for a site
- Photo Opportunities - an interactive listing of critical times to help inspire and generate shot ideas; including the full moon looming low in the sky during magic hour, total darkness for stargazing, and more
- Position Search - an extremely powerful tool to search for sun, moon and milky way center positions within various constraints, for the perfectionist planner
- "Today" Widget - (for the pull-down notification center) shows rise and set times for the current location and the next upcoming sun event
- Visual time machine - take a quick glance at the light for a day, or dial in desired compositions easily
- Moon distance, age, apogee, perigee, super moon predictions
- Sun shadow information - calculate the length of shadows cast by objects
- Helpful video tutorials show how to use all of the app's modules and how to shoot specific types of scenes
- Share details and locations with clients and colleagues
- Offline usage (excludes Map View, Street View) - enter coordinates, save & load locations with no data connection or GPS available
- Measure distance, and difference between elevations, and vertical angle differentials with the Map view
- Import and export Google Earth .kmz/.kml locations
- Magnetic declination compensation
- Languages: English, Deutsch, Français, 日本語, Italiano, Español, Català, русский, Norsk (Bokmål), Dansk, Nederlands, 中文 (繁體), 中文 (简体), 한국의, čeština, Türkçe, Português (Portugal & Brasil), Polski
- iPad: allow use of app in "upside down portrait" orientation.
- Adam Ratana
- 94.5 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone and iPad.
English, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2011-2020 Adam Ratana
- USD 9.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.