We have all been observing and following up with the historical and iconic Lebanese
Revolution, also known as the Lebanese Thawra.
We have all been involved, trying to do everything we can to help, from sharing
information on social media, to contributing financially, and protesting, in Lebanon, and in
over 80 cities throughout the world.
One thing is for sure, this revolution and its ripples aren't going anywhere.
Since October 17th 2019, we have identified a couple of problems that we’d like to address through Daleel Mawaheb:
- Problem 1: Passionate individuals are creating Thawra related initiatives daily,
addressing a variety of issues (environmental, economic, charity and fundraising, legal,
journalistic, etc.). Very often, these initiatives require volunteers who can help and offer
At the same time, there is a large number of people, from the Lebanese Diaspora and in
Lebanon who are looking to take part in initiatives they believe in and volunteer offering
their time, skills and passion.
- Problem 2: With the economic crisis striking the country, many businesses in Lebanon
have had to shut down and let people go. The scarcity of dollars in the country and the
devaluation of the Lebanese pound also represent a severe problem.
At the same time, members of the Lebanese Diaspora are looking to support the Lebanese economy, and have the capacity of hiring freelancers in Lebanon.
Through Daleel Mawaheb, we are connecting the Diaspora with the Lebanese work force and offering remote working opportunities in the country.
While many Google docs, Google sheets and other social media channels already exist,
created by Diaspora members around the world to address the two above problems,
DALEEL MAWAHEB is the Thawra’s centralized tech platform that connects the people
around the world who want to work together for a better Lebanon.
DALEEL MAWAHEB is the result of our collaboration with Daleel el Thawra, the Revolution Repertory that has been a priceless and credible resource since week 1 of the revolution, which provides us with access to most of the revolution initiatives and volunteers, both in Lebanon and internationally.
How Daleel Mawaheb works:
=> If you have skills you would like to offer, select “I have skills”
After signing up and verifying your email, you will be asked to select the
skills you have to offer. Of course, you will be able to modify the list later on
in your profile.
- Once your profile is set up, you will have access to all postings that match your
- You can filter the jobs by paid or unpaid, as well as by category
(environmental, legal, economic, media, journalism, charity and fundraising, etc.)
- If you find a posting you like, you can get in touch with the requester directly
through email, and take it from there.
- If no job postings match your skillset at the moment, you will get notified when a new posting comes up.
You can also browse all postings through the DISCOVER tab to see if there's anything else you can apply to.
=> If you are looking to hire volunteers, freelancers, or employees, select “I am looking for skills"
- After signing up and verifying your email, you'll have access to your dashboard
where you can create as many postings as you'd like. For each post, you'll add
information about yourself, the mission description, whether the position is paid or
not and the level of job urgency.
- Interested candidates will get in touch with you and you can take it from there.
- Once you find the right candidate, you can mark the job as completed
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.