Get access to up-to-the-minute and unremitting Lebanese and Middle-East news coverage on politics, business, sports and much more by simply downloading the TDS app on the iTunes store.
The Daily Star – Lebanon application gives you an insight on extensive local reports, hard-hitting investigative journalism, outspoken opinion articles and editorials, as well as a diversified selection of multimedia.
A user-friendly interface, TDS provides you with fast online/offline access to the latest breaking news and entitles you to customize news to suit your needs.
The Daily Star – Lebanon team welcomes your feedback, and we look forward to hearing your thoughts and suggestions regarding our application.
- The Daily Star Newspaper (iOS app)
- Monthly fee of $11.99
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings at http://www.dailystar.com.lb after purchase
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period (If cancelled, account will remain active till the end of the billing cycle)
- Terms & Conditions: http://www.dailystar.com.lb/service.aspx?name=Terms%20and%20Conditions
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to The Daily Star online version
Read Our Story: The Future is Bright
When it was first published in 1952, The Daily Star became the Arab world’s first newspaper in English. Serving Lebanon and the Middle East with unrivaled local journalism in a foreign language, the paper offered the world a local view and domestic expertise on a rapidly changing region that very rarely failed to feature on top of the news agenda.
Despite interruptions during Lebanon’s Civil War, the newspaper returned to newsstands in the mid-1990s to reclaim its spot as the main source of Lebanon news in English.
The technological revolution that erupted at the turn of the century changed the ways people are consuming information and following the news. First the Internet then social media presented challenges for newspapers worldwide.
The Daily Star today is not only a newspaper. It has risen to the challenge and now offers its unique coverage of Lebanon and the region whenever and wherever you, the reader, want it.
But this costs money and financial realities mean that we have to increase our revenue to be able to continue to provide you with the best, unbiased coverage of Lebanon.
Therefore from July 10, 2015, we will be offering our worldwide readers complete access to our digital content for a monthly fee.
This gives our subscribers:
- Unlimited website access
- Mobile news on in app on all iOS devices
- Daily newsletters by email
- Full archive access
Readers who don’t wish to subscribe will be able to continue reading our wires-based content for free but will miss out on original news, business, lifestyle, opinion, sports, and arts and culture coverage from Lebanon and the region.
Our readers in Lebanon will continue to access all our news for free but only for a very limited period of time.
We are thankful that we have such a loyal and trusting readership base. We appreciate your contribution towards helping us maintain our high standards and in return we renew our commitment to you to redouble our efforts and continue to produce the best news content out of Lebanon now and in the future.
- Bugs fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Daily star -Lebanon
You are the best newspaper in Lebanon and the best in my iphone ...!
Quick and easy to use
The menu style is a little irrelevant to the style of the whole application but that doesn't affect its quick performance
- WEB MIDDLE EAST SAL
- 10.7 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Copyright The Daily Star Lebanon 2017
- In-App Purchases
- The Daily Star Newspaper (online version) USD 11.99
- The Daily Star Newspaper (online version) USD 98.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.