Stoney Mobile Dictionary 4+
Search, Listen, and Learn
The Language Conservancy, Inc.
Designed for iPad
Search, Listen, and Learn Stoney Nakoda
The Stoney Mobile Dictionary is the best way to look up Stoney words and hear pronunciation while on the go. It’s the ultimate electronic Stoney learning and reference tool.
• 9,119 Stoney entries
• 959 Linked Cross References
• 8,526 English Reversal Entries
• Male and female voices for audio
• Consistent spelling
• Superior cross-referencing capabilities
• Fast and responsive
• Works offline, without active data connection
• Built-In advanced search engine finds conjugated verbs, word forms, and corrects spelling mistakes
• Over 60 native speakers contributed to its development and review
• Regularly updated
• Accurate and reliable
• Fun to use and explore
• An excellent self-study tool
Searching the Dictionary
• There are two ways to find entries. You may tap the search bar above or tap any word in the entry window to see the results for that word
• Tapping "Return" or "Full Search" will provide a full list of possible entries for the word you have entered
• There are several search options available within the Settings menu
• If the Approximate search option is "on", the app will try to find relevant entries even if you spelled the word incorrectly.
• If the Full Text search option is "on", results that have your search elsewhere in the entry (example sentences or notes) will also show in the results.
• The Stoney Mobile Dictionary uses a simple tap and go interface
• In the information section, select a tab from the sliding bar above to learn more about "How To Use" the dictionary, "Entry Details"
• The Settings menu allows you to refine how the search works, change the font size, and turn “AutoPlay Audio” on or off. See the “Searching the Dictionary” section for more details on the search settings
• Tapping the Zoom button increases the entry font size until it resets back to the smallest size again
• The History Panel shows you your recent entry history. Any entry you view is logged here for a short period of time so that you may go back and review
• The Back button quickly takes you back to the previous entry in your History with a single tap
• There are two sides to the Stoney Mobile Dictionary. If you are currently viewing a Stoney word, you are on the “Stoney” side. The left and right buttons will take you to the next or previous Stoney word in alphabetical order. Tapping the Hamburger button will provide you with a list of the nearest alphabetical words to the entry you are currently looking at
• The Favorites panel allows you to save your favorite words like a bookmark. From this panel, you can create new lists, add words to specific lists for later review, and better organize using the Stoney Mobile Dictionary as YOUR Stoney language learning tool
• The comment button at the bottom of every entry allows you to send feedback to us so that we can make improvements to future versions of the dictionary
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- The Language Conservancy, Inc
- 273.1 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © Stoney Education Authority 2021