Yoink simplifies and improves drag and drop between windows, apps, spaces and fullscreen apps, by providing a temporary "shelf" for your files and app-content.
It frees up your mouse, enabling you to navigate more comfortably to the destination of your files.
When you start dragging files in Finder or content from an application, Yoink fades in at the edge of your screen, allowing you to drag to it.
While Yoink is holding on to your files for you, you can more easily and comfortably navigate to the destination of your files, without having to keep the mouse button clicked the entire time.
Overview of Yoink's main features:
- A "shelf" at the edge of your screen for files and app-content you'd like to move or copy, which behaves like Finder (regarding moving and copying)
- Yoink follows you everywhere - windows, spaces and (fullscreen-) apps
- Icons are created using QuickLook, allowing easy identification
- Multiple files dragged to Yoink at once are condensed into a Stack, making it easy to drag them out together
- System Services, the Quick Action and Share extensions allow storing files in Yoink without having to use drag and drop
- Handoff to transfer files between all the Macs, iPads and iPhones you're using Yoink on
- Clipboard History, which lets you store previously copied content in Yoink, or copy again
- Highly customizable - you decide where, when and if Yoink appears
- "Share" to and from Yoink
For further information and usage tips for getting the most out of Yoink, please visit its website.
Here's what customers say about Yoink:
"Essential. One of the few apps I use all the time." - Kraznoff, US App Store
"Simple, elegant, perfect. This is a fantastic app. It works flawlessly". - Benwiggy, UK App Store
"Handiest utility I ever purchased." - Nrgwise, US App Store
Here's what members of the press say about Yoink:
"Yoink is a terrific utility" - John Gruber, DaringFireball.net
"Yoink is a fantastic way to enhance drag'n'drop. Highly recommended." - Federico Viticci, MacStories.net
"Yoink is an awesome drag and drop utility for the Mac and is instrumental to me when working with full screen apps." - Jeff Benjamin, iDownloadBlog
"I absolutely love this little utility, it's one of the few I've come across that has had staying powers on my Macs." - James Dempsey, The Graphic Mac
Some features may require a more recent version of macOS, or the separately available Yoink app for iOS:
Handoff from Mac to Mac requires macOS El Capitan 10.11 or newer on both Macs
Handoff to/from iPad or iPhone requires separately available Yoink app for iOS
Quick Action and Continuity Camera requires macOS Mojave 10.14
If you have any feedback or questions, please do not hesitate to write me by mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, or on twitter at @YoinkApp or @eternalstorms.
Version 3.5.7 of Yoink further improves compatibility with macOS Catalina's Photos app.
Furthermore, in addition to the fn key, you can also keep the shift key pressed during drags to temporarily keep items in Yoink.
Bugfixes and improvements in Yoink v3.5.6:
- Compatibility with macOS 10.15 Catalina
-- Uses macOS 10.15 Catalina's LinkPresentation framework to obtain (optional) favicons for links
-- Uses macOS 10.15 Catalina's new Quick Look Thumbnailing framework for file icons
-- Fixes an issue on macOS 10.15 Catalina where Yoink would prompt for "key input observing", when all it actually does is check for the presence of a Force Touch capable trackpad
-- Properly works with macOS 10.15 Catalina's Photos.app
- To copy something from Yoink's Clipboard History Today Widget, the entire cell can now be clicked, not just the little copy icon at the bottom
- QuickLook'ed videos and audio now auto-plays
- Improved the detection of trashed files
- The font used by Yoink's menu bar icon is now the correct one
- Fixes a rare issue that occurred when using Handoff to transfer RTFD files to Mac
- Fixes a crash when using Handoff
- Fixes a crash when moving files to the trash or deleting files
If you're enjoying Yoink, please consider leaving a rating or a review of the app - it would mean a lot to me and help me out quite a bit. Thank you.
If you're interested in my apps and their development, or my life as an indie developer, I'd like to invite you to follow me on my blog (https://blog.eternalstorms.at), twitter (https://twitter.com/eternalstorms), facebook (https://facebook.com/eternalstorms) or instagram (https://instagram.com/eternalstorms).
Should you experience issues with Yoink or have any feedback or questions, please don't hesitate to write me at email@example.com
Thank you kindly,
Ratings and Reviews
The app does what it supposed to do. I find myself using it on more than few important occasions. Esspecially when I need to keep my screenshots on hand while preparing presentations or making a new note in Notes. Very very cool. It's smooth, it works! :)
- Matthias Gansrigler
- 21.9 MB
OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2011-2019, Eternal Storms Software
- 8,99 €
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.