Please note: The COR-12 app is accessible to individuals in recovery from opioid addiction (including heroin and prescription pain relievers) through health care and treatment organizations that sponsor it. No in-app purchase is required. If you are an individual who does not have a password provided by a sponsoring organization, please consider Hazelden’s Field Guide to Life app.
The COR-12 app is a user-friendly mobile application that allows those recovering from opioid addiction to stay active and on track in early recovery. The app includes inspirational messages from treatment professionals and fellow COR-12 participants as well as videos and tools to help users achieve lifelong recovery.
Through the COR-12 app, you can stay inspired, track your days in recovery, manage cravings, track progress, and reach out to your support systems when needed.
Features of the app include:
• Daily guidance and inspiration: A full year of inspirational messages and activities are geared for those in recovery from opioid use disorder.
• Favorites and share: Save and retrieve your favorite daily messages and share them with a friend.
• Daily reminders: Set the time of day that works for you and receive a gentle reminder to read your daily message.
• Videos: Hear positive messages from recovery experts and others in the COR-12 program.
• Sober counter: Enter your sober birthday and remember to celebrate every minute free from opioids.
• Stop cravings, stay motivated: Upload images of family, friends, passions, and whatever else keeps you motivated in order to help stop cravings.
• Progress tracker: Track your obstacles in recovery such as stress, anger, and anxiety. Also track the ways you tackle those challenges such as meditation, honesty, and exercise.
• Your support system: Reach out to your support system, such as a sponsor, at the touch of the SOS button.
• Relapse prevention: Know what causes relapse and create a response plan to avoid it.
What is COR-12?
In 2012, under the leadership of the Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation’s chief medical officer, Marv Seppala, MD, a new treatment protocol was designed to address the specific needs of opioid-dependent patients. The new protocol, Comprehensive Opioid Response with the Twelve Steps, or COR-12, embraces the latest and best research that indicated certain medications can be used to improve treatment engagement and future recovery outcomes for people with opioid use disorders.
Hazelden Publishing, a division of the Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation, offers a comprehensive solution set to other professional organizations to address the opioid epidemic by mobilizing best practices from the COR-12 treatment and recovery approach for their own patients and clients. The COR-12 app is the recovery support component of that solution set.
• Bug fixes.
- Stanton Publication Services Inc
- 10.5 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2015 Hazelden
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.