RPN-38 CX is the first photo-realistic simulation of Hewlett-Packard's popular high-end programmable business calculator HP-38C for the iPhone. Produced from 1979 through 1983, it was the "Chive" member of the third-generation HP calculators known as the "Spice" series.
While the simulator works like the original calculator, a number of carefully designed extensions make it a lot easier to use.
RPN-38 CX is fully compatible with the HP-12C, except for calculations and programs involving Bonds and Depreciation.
• Photo-realistic look-and-feel
• Programmable (99 steps, program memory not shared with register memory)
• Subroutines, flags, loop control, extended conditional branching
• Insert and delete steps with automatic address correction
• 20 registers, "continuous", with unlimited store/recall arithmetic
• Indirect register addressing
• Register view
• Program listing view
• Program library view
• Additional functions (nominal and effective interest rate)
• Shortcuts for often-used key combinations
• Store and retrieve any number of programs
• Sharing: e-mail, AirDrop, Dropbox, copy, paste, print
• More than 40 programs pre-installed
• Percentage (%, ∆%, %Total)
• Simple and Compound Interest
• Optional odd periods
• Nominal/Effective interest rate conversion
• Discounted Cash Flow Analysis
• Net Present Value, Internal Rate of Return
• Date and Calendar (actual or 30/360 day basis)
• Statistics (mean, weighted mean, standard deviation)
• Linear Regression
• Additional functions not found on the HP-38:
- Subroutines, flags, loop control, random number, Pi, Log, x² and more
• Register view shows localized formatted value while number is being entered
• Using scientific notation could crash the app in some regions, i.e. Australia, Sweden, Slovenia.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.