Anorexia among men and women is on the rise. With body image in our culture being on the forefront of our minds, it is no surprise that not people realize that this is a problem and can be highly addicting. Anorexia Nervosa Help Calendar can help you put an end to your anorexia addiction by holding you accountable, offering solutions, words of encouragement, and science based facts that will help you get past your anorexia nervosa.
1. Use our counter to track your progress down to the second.
2. Create your own reasons to quit anorexia, or use one of our scientifically based facts about quitting.
3. Change the look and feel of the app with our skins section to personalize the app to what you want.
4. Add reasons why you would like to see yourself succeed and stop anorexia.
5. Our special panic button will help you send a text to a friend that may be able to help you and be an accountability partner.
6. Our badge system allows you to be rewarded for your success.
7. Our distractions section will help you take your mind off of anorexia and introduce you to something more positive and soothing.
8. Our motivational quotes and testimonials will ensure that you are not alone on this process to shake anorexia.
Anorexia is characterized by a distorted body image, with an unwarranted fear of being overweight. Symptoms include trying to maintain a below-normal weight through starvation or too much exercise. Medical treatment may be needed to restore normal weight. Download this free app to help you overcome.
Here are our top 8 reasons to say no to anorexia:
1. Stop feeling isolated from others
It is not easy to explain to others why you aren’t eating. Anorexia keeps you in a bubble, and that cannot be a good thing. Social experience is a part of being human, and when you start isolating yourself for being anorexic, you experience emotional and physical pain.
2. Malnutrition is a big issue
Malnutrition happens when your body is deprived of essential calories and nutrients that you need to survive. The constant food restriction of anorexia makes your body malnourished and more prone to illnesses and disease.
3. Anorexic dehydration
Mild dehydration will cause dry skin, head rushes, chills, and weakness. More serious dehydration will lead to increased heart rate and heavier breathing. If you let it go any farther than this, you will be at risk for cardiac arrest, seizures, and even unconsciousness.
4. Anorexia makes you lose hair
The lack of nutrients entering your body forces your body to condense its functional responses. Anything that your body feels unnecessary for survival will start to get less nutrients. This starts with your hair. Your hair may thin or start falling out.
5. Random thin hairs will start growing on your body
Your body must compensate for the lack of insulation that your body provides, so in a last ditch attempt to save your internal temperature; you will start growing thin hairs on your face and in other unwanted areas of the body.
6. Anorexia makes your fingernails brittle
This goes back to the lack of nutrition flowing through your body. Your fingernails are not an essential part of your body when you are not getting enough nutrients, so your body will shut down the flow of nutrients to your nails.
7. You could become infertile!
Body fat is essential for menstruation. Not only will you lose your ability to become pregnant, but you will also stop having your period. Some may see this as a perk, but extended periods of this will lead to permanent infertility.
8. Bone loss
With anorexia, bones become more brittle because of the lack of nutrient delivery. This will lead to having weaker bones and increase the chances of your bones breaking.
Download Anorexia Nervosa Help Calendar now for FREE and help get rid of anorexia once and for all!
Completely redesigned app for help with anorexia. So many new features and updates.
- App Diggity, LLC
- 53 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © App Diggity, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- All Ad remove and unlock features 1,09 €
- 1 Month Full Version Upgrade 5,49 €
- 6 Months Full Version Upgrade 27,49 €
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.