Don't use this App for medical decisions. It comes with absolutely no warranty. Use it at your own risk!
Nightguard is an app that displays your blood glucose values from the Nightscout backend.
It is a native iOS App with support for the Apple Watch.
- Define a range of acceptable blood glucose values.
- Whenever your values are out of range you will be alerted.
- You can snooze the alerts all the time and for a defined time period.
- You can reactivate the alerts all the time.
- You can activate alerts if the values are rising or falling too fast.
- The app displays yesterdays values as an overlay chart. This way you have a hint about how your values could behave in the future.
- Tune your basal rates with the statistics function to overlay different days
For the alarms to work the app has to be active. So you can enable a screen lock that keeps the app running all night long.
Have a look at www.nightscout.info for more information about how to setup your own Nightscout backend.
- Custom Alarm Sounds can be uploaded from icloud now - at least if you are using iOS 14.
- Improved rendering of bolus treatments
- removed flickering of the time/battery display
- Fixed a problem when entering a new nightscout URI
- Fixed a problem where no bolus treatments could be visualized
- Displays Correction Bolus as triangles in the chart now
- Displays Meal-Bolus Carbs and Insulin in the chart now
- Mmol Temporary Targets from AAPS should be correctly converted now
- Removed a flickering of reservoir and temporary basal values when updating
- improved notifications if you are using an Apple Watch
- no more Taptic Engine alarms on the watch if the app is in background
- Fixed layout if running the app on an M1 Mac
- colored uploader battery on the phone app
- colored care data and uploader battery on the watch app
- better error message if you secured your backend and forget to enter your security token in nightguard.
- Introducing user defined default temporary targets. They can be changed by the user and will be synced to the watch.
The last entered temporary target is automatically stored as the new default. And that is done for every temporary target reason.
- finer grained carbs entry
- More Finnish translations (thanks Markus!)
- Switched back to the v1 api. Quit a lot people are still on very old nightscout version
=> Graphs should be visible now again for these old nightscout backends
=> But don't forget to update your backend!
- Reservoir Units can be displayed now - even if they have decimals
- Increased and finer ranges for carbs and temporary targets
- Care- and Loop-Data can be hidden now
- Care-Tab remembers the last selected Temporary Target now.
- Rewritten WatchOS App in SwiftUI
- Temporary Targets can be set on the Watch now.
- Carbs can be added on the app and on the watch.
- Added the visualization of measured blood glucose values as red dots in the chart.
- Removed the RAW Feature for Dexcom G4/G5 Sensors
- Possibility to enter the baseURL on the watch by using speech or scribble.
- Small visualization fix of persistent high values in mmol.
- Workaround the nightscout bug, that bgdelta is returned as mmol instead of mgdl
- Fixes a problem with always playing "high bg" alarms if using mmol.
- Optimized layout on the apple watch
- As promised: Know the very first Apple Watch Series 0 should really work (for a last time) with V3.1.1
Special release for francy ;-) .
- Reservoir Level is displayed on phone and watch now
- Bringing some color to the lives of mmol users ;-)
- Works around a bug in Nightscout 13.x.x. Hopefully better recognition of mmol usage
- added haptic for the alarm sliders
- Fixed some mmol problems regarding notifications
- Fixed some visualization problem for certain users
- Temporary Targets should be displayed as mmol now (if mmol is the preferred unit)
- The cannula age will now be queried for the last 5 days. I think everyone will have to change it till then, right ;-)
- Fixed a crash that happened for certain users
- added Careportal data to the main screen:
- and Pump Basal Rate Data
- Added Carbs-on-Board (cob)
- possibility to set temporary targets
- new green/yellow/red colors (thanks Gerrit!)
- more robust behaviour to distinguish between mgdl and mmol settings
- fixed the app badge visualization if you are using mmol settings
- provided a button to manually set the preferred display unit (mg/dl or mmol)
- the graphiccorner complication displays colored bg values now
- improved colors on the statistics view
- The nightscout web app can be opened using force touch on the target button now.
- All alarms can be disabled with just one click.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- etrada GmbH
- 34.7 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with the Apple M1 chip.
English, Finnish, German
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2021 Dirk Hermanns
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.