The CJKI Comprehensive Chinese Dictionary is the largest Chinese-English bidirectional dictionary available for electronic devices. Based on the world's most comprehensive Chinese-English dictionaries in existence, this dictionary has undergone extensive editing by a team of native speaker editors to make it suitable for mobile platforms.
This dictionary covers over 400,000 Chinese entries and 80,000 English entries, for a total of nearly half a million Chinese-English and English-Chinese entries of general vocabulary, common technical terms and proper nouns. Designed for the convenience of both English and native Chinese users alike, the dictionary also includes over 80,000 Chinese example phrases and sentences, as well as high quality audio for all Chinese entries.
Modern lexicography has been effectively integrated with sophisticated information technology and a friendly user interface to produce a powerful tool that meets the practical needs of both learners and native speakers.
* Over half a million Chinese-English and English-Chinese entries covering general vocabulary, common technical terms, compound words, and numerous proper nouns.
* Extremely convenient scroll wheel for quickly looking up Chinese characters by their traditional radicals.
* Ability to jump from any word on the Chinese-English side to the corresponding entry on the English-Chinese side, and vice versa.
* Over 80,000 Chinese example sentences and phrases clearly illustrate the meanings of single character Chinese entries and compound words.
* High quality audio for all Chinese words and phrases in the C-E dictionary, including example sentences.
* Precise pinyin pronunciations for all entries, on both the C-E and E-C sides, including for all Chinese example sentences.
* Full support for simplified character forms on both the C-E and E-C sides, including for all example sentences.
* Full support for traditional character forms on both the C-E and E-C sides, including for all example sentences, which means that users from the entire Chinese-speaking world can use the dictionary with equal ease.
* Full support for zhuyin (bopomofo) – by changing the settings the pronunciation of all words and example sentences is displayed in zhuyin.
* The display of the components of compound words on the C-E side, along with their meanings, eg. 背帯 ‘suspenders’ = 背 ‘carry on the back’ + 帯 ‘belt’, is of special benefit to learners of Chinese.
* The neutral tone, often not given in other dictionaries, is accurately indicated for all headwords, compounds and examples.
* Tone sandhi is optionally shown in brackets after original pinyin, e.g. 一定 yīdìng [yídìng] and 你好 nǐhǎo [níhǎo], enabling beginners to pronounce Chinese words correctly.
* Bilingual and bidirectional: English-Chinese and Chinese-English bundled in single application.
* Bifunctional: various features make this dictionary easy use by both native and non-natives users alike.
* Bilingual interface: user interface, including help screens, in Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese and English.
* No Internet connection required
* History and Bookmarks
The app has been updated so it is compatible with iOS 14.
- The CJK Dictionary Institute, Inc.
- 276.9 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2020 The CJK Dictionary Institute, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- TC Support
- Chinese Speech
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.