Liver Surgery AP-HP has been developed by an expert Liver Surgeon (Eric Vibert, MD, PhD - Hopital Paul Brousse, Villejuif, Assistance Publique - Hopitaux de Paris) to improve the surgeon-patient communication. Used daily in Paul Brousse Hospital, it allows an efficient information exchange in complex situations obtaining a true shared medical decision between the patient and the doctor.
Liver Surgery AP-HP contains a 3D model of the external and internal structure of a healthy liver, easily movable in all axes in real time. The anatomy of the patient is created by modifying a model liver anatomy and the pathology is perfectly modeled in its location and volume.
The application's main purpose is to maintain the patient's attention during consultation, permitting a more concrete comprehension, being both tactile and visual, of the surgeon's or physician's explanations regarding the pathology suffered by the patient.
The application implements the following functionalities:
- Rotate and view the organ from all angles
- Place one or more lesions at the surface or inside the organ in order to model the precise pathology of the patient
- Present and explain the pathology and the subsequent therapeutic actions to the patient during the consultation.
- Visualise surgical procedures such as a hepatectomy and/or embolizations
- Take snapshots of your customized anatomy, pathology and treatment and send them by email directly from the app.
With this application that is dedicated to profession of liver disease, the patient better understands the pathological situation and the surgeon/physician better justifies and explains different steps of the therapeutic strategy. Furthermore, Liver Surgery AP-HP could be also used as an academic tool, allowing the simple production of 3D schemas of the liver (with or without lesions, with or without hepatectomy) for improved professional presentations.
- Updated legal notice
- Changed application name
The developer, Assistance Publique-Hopitaux de Paris, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.