Attention! Semideus School is targeted for schools. In order for a student to play the Semideus School game, a teacher must create game access codes for students at http://pelikoulu.fi/join/en/
The Semideus School game is a fun way to learn fraction and decimal numbers. By playing Semideus, learners improve their ability to perceive and estimate rational numbers in multiple forms. The adventure happens on Mount Olympos. The task of the player, Semideus, is to find the gold coins that Kobalos the Goblin has stolen from Zeus. On the way to Mount Olympos, Semideus has to chase the goblin, seek the coins, avoid traps, and crush math based enemies. The game is intuitive allowing anyone to learn rational numbers in an engaging way.
BASED ON RESEARCH
Semideus School game is founded on recent research findings and it has been developed together with leading researchers. The game is designed as a part of TUT Game Lab’s (Tampere University of Technology) research project funded by Academy of Finland.
- Innovative number line based gameplay and feedback system
- 55 levels including 500 different rational number tasks
- Ask help from loveable learning companions
- Utilize special powers
- Amazing hint system
- Learning analytics included. Identifies misconceptions.
- Play in a safe, digital environment. No ads or in-app purchases.
- English and Finnish languages
- Requires internet connection
- Rational number magnitude estimation, comparing, and ordering
- Number line
- Numerator / Denominator notation
- Proper fractions, improper fractions, mixed numbers, decimal numbers
- Area models
- Density of rational numbers
- Adding, subtracting, multiplying, expanding, and reducing fractions
Web-based Learning analytics tool for teachers will be available on October 2017. More details at www.pelikoulu.fi/semideus/teacher
In the Semideus game learners experience the number line physically while their character is walking on it. The tilting-based user interface solution is founded on embodied cognition approach, suggesting that connecting the body to abstract concepts can support understanding.
App version number checking added. Little improvements.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.