The codeREADr app is an enterprise-grade barcode scanning tool with integrated web service used for a wide variety of data capture applications. Typical uses include event access control, attendance tracking, inventory audits, remote asset tracking, lead retrieval for event technology companies, and administrator tracking of security and maintenance workers.
Businesses, educators, service providers and developers use the app in conjunction with our paid web services to scan, track, record and validate data embedded within barcodes.
To try us out, register within the app for our Free Plan (limited to 50 scans per month).
- Record scans to our server, your server or third-party cloud databases.
- Validate scans online or offline (valid, invalid, invalid duplicate alerts).
- Conditional validation alerts (min/max count, duration, time/date).
- Customized validation criteria.
- Data collection (form fields, multiple choice, photo capture, secondary barcode scans, signatures, conditional workflows).
- GPS tracking (foreground or background).
- Control capture method (enable/disable camera scanning, manual entry, database lookup).
- Secure SSL encryption and controlled access with app-user credentials.
- Background auto-sync of scans and databases.
- Auto-Next-Scan for instant recording and validation without interaction.
- Licensed white label version or free rebranding with custom views, history, lookup, contact and help content.
- Kiosk mode for unattended use.
- Barcode scanning modes (batch, framing, targeting, selecting).
- Flexible barcode scanning (front/rear camera, resize decoding view, flash, optimization).
- Broad mobile computer and accessory support (Captuvo, LineaPro, Honeywell, Zebra, etc.).
- Photo verification, pattern validation, custom in-app web content, and many more features.
INTEGRATED WEB SERVICE FEATURES
- Central Administration (create custom workflows, connect databases, authorize app-users).
- Service wizard (create workflows, define data capture and collection. methods, add app-user prompts and views, and connect remote servers and databases).
- Database management (import CSV, connect to external databases, manually add/edit, auto-fill, set status).
- App-user management (create credentials, select limits, assign tasks, remove authorization).
- Bulk barcode generation and export (download or API).
- Scan record management (store, view, filter, search, share links, create templates, export and auto-insert to third-party databases).
SD PRO Scan Engine
The Free Plan lets you try out our SD PRO scan engine which uses the device's built-in camera. Why is it special?
- Speed: Decoding measured in tens of milliseconds with many devices.
- Smart Scanning: Accurate reading even with damaged, partially obscured, very small and dense barcodes.
- Versatility: Scans up to 50 symbologies, including all the most popular commercial barcode types.
The codeREADr app and web service is a product of Skycore LLC, Boston MA. Patents Pending.
Questions? Feedback? Email: email@example.com
Important updates to recently added features.
Photo-capture can now include the scanned barcode value in the Dropbox or FTP filename.
Photo-capture can now default to front-facing camera when configured by administrators.
Smart Character Decoding: Auto-detection of UTF-8, ISO-8859-1 or Shift_JIS encoding to automatically capture the correct data.
Trigger Scanning: App-users can decide exactly when to capture a specific barcode even when among many barcodes printed close together.
Fusion Scanning: Extends Smart Scan technology across multiple Scanning Modes to quickly and more accurately capture just the right barcode(s) based on the context.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.