Download the Tallinja App to upgrade your experience of the public transport service in Malta.
Welcome to the Tallinja App. With the Tallinja App, you will enjoy all the benefits of Malta Public Transport by travelling more affordably and sustainably.
The Tallinja App has many functions that will make your day-to-day journeys easier while combining all transport services offered by Malta Public Transport:
- Real-time information: Locate your nearest bus stop on the map and check all available bus routes to your chosen destination. Real-time information can be accessed by tapping on your nearest bus stop.
- My Cards: In this section, you can add, manage, and keep track of several payment methods. Additionally, you can connect your personalised Tallinja Card or Flex Card with the Tallinja App. This will enable you to view your transaction history, pay for any Tallinja On Demand bookings, and check for any new travel offers.
- The Journey Planner: Plan your bus trips by choosing your departure location and your destination. The journey planner will suggest various bus routes for you to choose from.
- On Demand: Tallinja On Demand is a public transport on-demand service. In this section, you can book a seat on one of our premium buses. Simply choose from which bus stop you would like to be picked up and from which bus stop you would like to be dropped off.
- Favourites: Create your favourites list by clicking on the heart icon on the map view, including your most visited destinations or the bus stops or bus routes you use regularly.
- Service Update: Check the map for caution signs that indicate alerts or service disruptions. Simply click on the alert tag to access detailed information about the service update. This feature ensures that you are aware of any changes that may affect your journey. Also, you can receive push notifications on service alerts happening on your saved favourite routes and bus stops. This way, you can plan your trips more effectively and stay up-to-date with any disruptions on your preferred routes.
Do you have any questions? Feel free to contact our customer care through email firstname.lastname@example.org or by sending a private message on the Tallinja Facebook page.
The Tallinja App is powered by Meep (www.meep.app).
We say bye to small bugs and welcome and improved and user-friendly version for you to move better than ever. Update the app!
Ratings and Reviews
This app has improved in leaps and bounds since its debut in June 2020. It still has its errors sometimes like saying all buses are coming in 30+ minutes even though that is not the case (this will be a temporary error). Other minor things too but overall very useful.
Application doesn’t work and support don’t answer
1- the application doesn’t work properly, i have been using the app before they decided to upgrade it and i must say, it was working perfectly before, if we can have that older version back, it would be great, at least it was working!
The one they have now, doesn’t show the right times, or right buses, the map doesn’t show all the bus stops unless I restart it like 6 times before. Recently, it only shows that all buses are arriving in 60min+, even when i am logged it.
2- Support is just non existent. I opened a case with them through the app, it took then more than a month to respond and told me what to do, which was already what i reported as not working, another few weeks passed by, received the same response and after some back and forth they told me to open a ticket with the support team through the app. It was ridiculous and reminded me of a scene of pimp my ride, a support ticket within a support ticket /facepalm
A room for improvement
As a client and passenger using tal linja on a daily basis it would really help if the bug issue showing that a route will arrive in more than 30 minutes will be surely of great help and better planning to us as clients. For the past 2 months i have reported more than three times two of which were in the same week.
However I can not miss to say that service has improved a lot. Routes that I use frequently from Zabbar to Birkirkara are always on time. Traffic and busy hours are a stand within reason for any delays so i do not count those.
Even the staff members, they are very friendly and whenever i needed assistance they had helped without a hesitation. Well done to that
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- MALTA PUBLIC TRANSPORT SERVICES (OPERATIONS) LIMITED
- 145.1 MB
- Requires iOS 16.0 or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
English, French, Greek, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Malta Public Transport