Tallinja is a mobile app which has been developed by Malta Public Transport for use on mobile devices namely smartphones using wireless networks and mobile connectivity.
The tallinja app provides the facility to
- Access real-time information on buses and their arrival at each bus stop
- Browse an interactive bus stop map with information on all bus stops in Malta and Gozo
- Access route information, a route map and the frequency of each route
- Save bus stops as favourites for easy access
- Easy planning of a bus journey
- Book your seat on the bus with TD Plus
Customers owning a tallinja card have the facility to:
- Top up their tallinja card
- Check credit balance on card
- Login with their online account and view their transaction history
Bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
App freezes a lot now
Unfortunately, the app seems to have quite a few freezing issues since the last update in the third quarter of 2018. Before that, I would have given it 4 stars. It‘s a pity since I find the „next bus“ function very useful.
'My next bus' is the only good feature
The journey planner is a waste of time, as is the 'places of interest'. Unfortunately the app is difficult to use (excess scrolling and superfluous steps) and needs to be simplified. Journey planner takes long to use and has unnecessary options (like checking for a bus 2 years in the future!). I have sadly often have more success looking up the entire routes online in order to plan my journey- making the app useless. The 'my next bus' is the best and most usable feature of the app because it is supposedly real time and so you can actually plan your trip in advance and see all the bus routes which pass by your bus stop.
Needs some work
The app definitely needs some sprucing up; especially for iPhone X users. It’s ridiculous that it doesn’t fill out the screen as it should.
There’s also a certain amount of lag that really makes it feel clunky and unattractive.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.