Touchscaper is an instrument designed for anyone who wants to make music on their iPad simply by touching the screen. You don’t have to be a serious musician to enjoy touchscaper, but if you are, touchscaper is highly configureable under the hood.
• Multi-touch based interface with “radar”, “ribbon” and keyboard surfaces
• Touch the screen to play a note, move your fingers to change the sound
• Semi-generative engine selects the “good notes” for you
• Touch movement can control volume and pan for each individual note
• Total control over chords, keys and scales (fully chromatic)
• Multiple chords can be generated from keys and scales to create “scenes”
• Chord "navigator" helps you create inspiring chord progressions
• 40 built-in sounds can be combined in 2 layers to create “instruments”
• Built-in sounds include samples from moodscaper, pianoscaper, numerous analog synths and guitars
• Comes with preset example scenes and instruments
• Random instrument generator function with one tap of a button
• Hold and orbit modes for hands-free evolving soundscapes
• Ribbon style keyboard with touch vibrato
• Chord looper with Ableton Link support
• Arrangement view for longer / more complex chord progressions
• 16 step probability-based sequencer for touch, drums, percussion and synth automation
• "jam grid" sequencer view for live performances
• Supports file sharing for scenes and instruments
• Built-in effects including ping-pong delays, reverb, limiter and EQ
• Supports IAA (Inter-App Audio) as a generator
• Control other music apps using MIDI out and CCs with optional MPE support
There are several demo videos in circulation which should give you a better idea of what touchscaper can do - just search for “touchscaper” or check out the moodscaper YT channel.
For more information or to get in touch, please visit www.touchscaper.com
• Fixed issue with default MIDI CCs not being sent when default values were set to max
• Fixed issue with MIDI CC range calculations not covering entire range
• Fixed issue with touch sequencer events not being generated for certain chords :-/
Many thanks to a couple of regular "power users" for spotting these issues and letting me know - much obliged guys!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.