Routinist helps you achieve goals and build habits by scheduling time for them as part of your everyday routines.
I built Routinist because I got tired of having excuses for why I wasn’t taking action on my goals: I don’t have time... I’m too tired… I forgot… etc. Routinist eliminates these excuses for me.
Becoming a better you is hard. It requires motivation, planning, commitment and execution. Only you can keep yourself motivated and committed over the long term. The purpose of Routinist is to help with the planning and execution parts, so you can improve your health, achieve your goals, and continue becoming a better you.
Step 1: List your typical morning routine actions and estimate time for each action. This can be super simple (get ready for day for 45 mins), or as detailed as you like (floss 1m, brush 3m , shower 10m, shave 5m, etc.).
Step 2: Enter your desired sleep and Go Time (the time you need to leave for work).
Step 3: Add new actions (those small steps towards your goals like flossing or exercising) and their estimated time, and insert them into your routine.
Routinist uses this info to remind you when to wake up and go to bed so you have time for your routines and get the sleep you need. Take action during the time you most control: your mornings and evenings. Routinist removes the ‘when’ so you can focus on the ‘what’.
• Build morning (and evening!) routines
• Wake up and bed time reminders
• Understand your time constraints and prioritize
• Reduce decision fatigue
• Routines sync with your Apple Calendar!
• Optimize your routine: tweak the time, order and frequency of actions for any routine any time (yes – even during an active routine)
• Complete actions, skip actions, and undo skip/complete as needed
• Continuously updated routine completion times
• Timers & notifications for each action
• Apple Watch! Complete, Skip, Pause & Resume from the notifications on the Apple Watch or iPhone notification center
• Flexibility: schedule actions on certain days each week or every x days, x weekdays, etc.
• Progress Tracking for a birds eye view of your progress
• Detailed History of every routine
• Dark Mode
• 120+ action ideas with suggested times
Routinist is probably very different from any other app you’ve tried, and it takes some getting used to. But I strongly believe this unique approach to achieving your goals will make your life better.
“Anyone can list out their goals, but they will be quickly abandoned without the help of an app like this… No other goal app compares to Routinist. Worth the time to learn.”
“This app enabled me to establish a regular morning routine for the first time in my 45 years of life.”
“If you have different times for leaving to work/school everyday but similar morning tasks this is perfect. It is worth the time to try it.”
"Your app has enormous potential in helping others reach theirs."
Routinist does not advertise and is instead supported by Premium membership through an auto-renewing subscription. If you choose to purchase Premium, payments will be charged to your iTunes account, and your account will be charged for renewal 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Auto-renewal may be turned off at any time by going to your settings in the iTunes Store after purchase. The current price is $4.99 USD per month, and may vary from country to country.
*** FIXED ***
• Routines should now display the correct date for 3rd shift workers and those who go to bed after midnight.
Version 2020.7 notes were:
*** FIXED ***
• Premium - some users who purchased the original unlimited action unlock were not able to become Premium Subscribers to access Other Routines, Calendar Sync, Stats & History, etc. This has now been fixed!
• Calendar Sync - some people have reported multiple versions of the same event appearing on their calendars. I hope this update has fixed this issue for those users (please let me know if the issue remains).
• Stats & History - the morning/evening button is now displaying correctly in Dark Mode.
• Evening Reminders - these reminder settings will no longer reset to default as they did in some instances.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have thoughts/questions/suggestions/etc.
Thank you for your support!
- Timothy Johnson
- 51.7 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © Tim Johnson
- In-App Purchases
- Routinist Premium USD 11.99
- Premium Subscription USD 4.99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.