Final Cut Pro combines revolutionary video editing with powerful media organisation and incredible performance to let you create at the speed of thought.
Revolutionary Video Editing
• The Magnetic Timeline uses advanced metadata and Clip Connections for faster, easier editing
• Enhanced Timeline Index lets you drag and drop audio roles to rearrange the layout of your timeline
• Powerful drag-and-drop Object Tracker automatically matches titles and effects to the movement of faces or objects
• Change focus points or the depth effect for video shot in Cinematic mode on iPhone (requires macOS Monterey or later)
• Edit multi-camera projects with automatic syncing and support for up to 64 camera angles
• Automatically transform projects for square or vertical delivery with Smart Conform
• Import and edit 360° equirectangular video in a wide range of formats and frame sizes
• Create, edit and deliver closed captions from within Final Cut Pro
• Extend the capabilities of Final Cut Pro with third-party workflow extensions
Powerful Media Organisation
• Organise your work within libraries for efficient media management and collaboration
• Create proxy copies of your media for portability and performance
• Apply custom keywords or favourites as you select clip ranges
• Smart Collections dynamically organise content for you to quickly find any shot in a few clicks
• Locate duplicate media in the timeline using highlighted clip ranges or the Timeline Index
• Improved speed and efficiency on Mac computers with Apple silicon
• Unrivalled performance with optimisations for the M2 Pro, M2 Max and M2 Ultra chips
• Work with a broad range of formats including ProRes, RED, XAVC, AVCHD, Avid DNxHR®, Avid DNxHD®, H.264, HEVC and more
Compelling, Customisable Effects
• Beautifully animated, easily customisable 2D and 3D titles
• Change the look of titles, transitions and effects using intuitive controls
• Choose from an ecosystem of third-party FxPlug plug-ins with custom interfaces
Integrated Audio Editing
• Assign roles during import to easily track and organise your project
• Expand and edit multichannel audio files directly in the timeline
• Apply intuitive Logic-based effects and reduce background noise to isolate voices
• Sync video with separate audio in a single step with instant audio waveform matching
Intuitive Colour Grading
• Import, edit and deliver video in standard colour spaces, or in Rec. 2020 and HLG colour spaces
• Powerful colour wheels and curves for precise adjustments with keying and masks
• Accurately view HDR on the MacBook Pro and Pro Display XDR
One-Step, Optimised Output
• Incredibly fast export for playback on Apple devices and upload to websites such as Vimeo and YouTube
• Export audio stems and multiple versions of a finished video using roles metadata
• Import and export XML for third-party workflows like colour grading and sound mixing
System Requirements: macOS 13.5 or later, 8GB of RAM (16GB recommended for third-party effects and plug-ins), Metal-capable graphics card (Intel-based Mac computers only), 5.8GB of available disk space.
Some features require a Mac with Apple silicon. Some features require internet access; fees may apply. Blu-ray recorder required for burning Blu-ray discs.
• Improves stability on Intel-based Mac models when using Color Wheels or Color Curves on H.264 video clips.
• Fixes an issue with some default keyboard shortcuts working incorrectly on non-English keyboards.
Ratings and Reviews
Very good for it's price, and very smooth
FCPX delivers all that you'd ever want within the realms of video editing, and though at first I was appalled by the price tag came to the realisation that other, similar programs have crazy high price tags (Vegas Pro costs 200$ more and Adobe Premiere costs 250$ per year, or 400$ if you pay for it monthly in a year), and cheaper alternatives are slow and not exactly great. FCPX is seamless with MacOS. It uses a huge amount of proccessing power from my rather old computer so efficiently, and the end product I am always very satisfied with. Not to mention, FCPX is compatible with iMovie, which is kind of like a "taste" of FCPX. iMovie is a very good product as well, and the transistion from iMovie to FCPX is very easy because of the similar, simple UI.
Great product and easy to edit
Great colour coding option, smooth editing and fast rendering though I would recommend adding a collaborate function with other final cut pro x users. Most of the time there will be more than one editor, so a collaborate function will definitely ease up workflow.
FCPX since day 1!
Been on FCPX since day 1 and loving every update! Used to make changes from the back as the magnetic timeline deletes off and appends but all good now with multi-layered video clips etc.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Apple Distribution International
- 4.8 GB
- Photo & Video
- Requires macOS 13.5 or later.
English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2011-2023
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.