The trusted Word app lets you create, edit, view, and share your files with others quickly and easily. Send, view and edit Office docs attached to emails from your phone with this powerful word processing app from Microsoft.
With Word, your office moves with you. Whether you’re a blogger, writer, journalist, columnist, student, or a project manager working on documentation, Word is as handy as you want it to be.
Make impactful text documents, scripts, blogs, write-ups, or resumes. Customize your document, letter, resume, or notes your way with robust tools that enable you to accomplish your best writing with the best format options and templates.
Get the complete Microsoft Office experience when you sign in with your Microsoft 365 subscription. Create and edit documents, collaborate and share with ease when you download Microsoft Word today.
• Jump-start your projects, assignments, letters, blogs, scripts, notes, write-ups, or resume with beautifully designed modern templates.
• Use rich formatting and layout options to note down your ideas and express them in writing.
• Document formats and layouts stay pristine and look great on any device.
Read, Write, & Edit Documents
• Reading view lets you read lengthy docs, letters, scripts, and more on your device with ease.
• Use familiar writing and editing tools as you’d find on a desktop word processor.
• Share thoughts by commenting in docs right next to the text you’re discussing.
• Everyone can collaborate and stay on top of changes to the text, layout, and formatting.
• As you and your team make changes, you can revert to view earlier drafts with improved version history in Word.
• Share files with a few taps to quickly invite others to edit or view your documents.
• Easily manage permissions and see who’s working in a document.
• Copy the content of your Word files directly into the body of an email message with its format intact or attach your docs to an email and make sharing easier.
Download Microsoft Word now and get the best way to create, share and edit documents from your iPhone or iPad.
To create or edit documents, sign in with a free Microsoft account on devices with a screen size smaller than 10.1 inches.
Unlock the full Microsoft Office experience with a qualifying Microsoft 365 subscription for your phone, tablet, PC, and Mac.
Monthly Microsoft 365 subscriptions purchased from the app will be charged to your App Store account and will automatically renew within 24 hours prior to the end of the current subscription period unless auto-renewal is disabled beforehand. You can manage your subscriptions in your App Store account settings.
This app is provided by either Microsoft or a third-party app publisher and is subject to a separate privacy statement and terms and conditions. Data provided through the use of this store and this app may be accessible to Microsoft or the third-party app publisher, as applicable, and transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States or any other country where Microsoft or the app publisher and their affiliates or service providers maintain facilities.
Please refer to the Microsoft Software License Terms for Microsoft 365. See “License Agreement” link under Information. By installing the app, you agree to these terms and conditions.
Word on iPad Has a New Look: Check out the new ribbon and commands design and let us know what you think.
Ratings and Reviews
Will give 5 stars if cant match desktop features.
Basically i like it, but need to improve at few section.
For starter, this 365 is missing word sizing button Aa⬆️⬇️. (or maybe i didn’t find them).
Right now i’m still getting around to know how it works, but kudos for bringing this to iPad. It’s important when people around me works on desktop and only few of us are on ios.
Nice, but still have things to improve.
Overall the app is great, but sometimes the app is can’t work using the cursor with my magic keyboard, it has no respond when I click the tool bar when I using the trackpad of my magic keyboard, please fix this problem. Moreover, the app is still not working great with the new iPad OS, for example the cursor doesn’t change when it goes to text, it’s kinda annoying because it’s hard to select the text, please improve that too. The app is really great now, but some of the features has gone from the pc version, it costs the same but the features are gone, hope that those features can be added into iPad OS version too.
File went missing after saving it to my iPad.
Nothing can describe how frustrated I am now that my file went missing after I spent 4 days to complete my work. I’m not sure what happens but I guess it might be a flaw in the system. Now that the file went missing I can’t seem to recover it even though I can confirm 100% that the auto save features were on. Microsoft, I beg you to please work this problem out. Can’t imagine someone has to bear the consequences of your faulty system.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Microsoft Corporation
- 266 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Microsoft 365 Personal RM26.90
- Office 365 Personal RM24.90
- Microsoft 365 Family RM35.90
- Office 365 Home RM33.90
- Office 365 Home RM329.90
- Microsoft 365 Personal RM294.90
- Office 365 Personal RM249.90
- Microsoft 365 Family RM329.90
- Office 365 Personal RM24.90
- Office 365 Home RM529.90
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.