Skype keeps the world talking. Say “hello” with an instant message, voice or video call – all for free*, no matter what device they use Skype on. Skype is available on phones, tablets, PCs and Macs.
• Video calls – Don’t just hear the cheers, see them! Get together with 1 or 49 of your friends and family on a HD video call. Watch everyone’s smiles and cries when you tell them “We’re engaged!!!"
• Chat – Reach people instantly. Send messages to your friends, grab someone’s attention with @ mentions or create a group chat to plan a family reunion.
• Share – Send photos and videos with your family and friends. Save shared photos and videos to your camera roll. Share your screen to make travel plans with friends or present designs to your team.
• Voice calls – Camera shy? Make voice calls to anyone in the world on Skype. You can also call mobile and landlines at low rates.
• Express yourself – Liven up conversations with emoticons, click on the “+” in chat to send a Giphy or images from the web, and annotate images with words, lines and more.
*Skype to Skype calls are free. Operator data charges may apply. We recommend using an unlimited data plan or WiFi connection.
Call landline and device numbers and send SMS messages anywhere in the world at affordable prices using Skype. Reach non-Skype users or contacts who are not online by choosing Skype Credit or Skype subscriptions.
Choose Skype Credit as a pay-as-you-go option to call and SMS. If you call specific destinations, save even more with monthly subscriptions. Skype subscriptions are monthly calling plans that let you make unlimited, or fixed-minute calls to landlines (and mobiles where applicable). Subscriptions begin at $2.99 a month for US, and can vary by destination. To make an in-app purchase, open the app, go to the Call tab and tap on the Skype to Phone banner. Skype Credit and Subscriptions purchased from the Skype app will be charged to your iTunes account when the purchase has been confirmed.
Your account will be charged for Skype subscription renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Your subscription is renewed automatically unless auto-renewal is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period of subscription.
You can manage your subscription by going to your Apple ID account settings and choosing the auto-renewal option or turning it off at any time after your purchase.
• Privacy and Cookies policy: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=507539
• Microsoft Services Agreement: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=530144
• EU Contract Summary: https://go.skype.com/eu.contract.summary
We're listening to your feedback and working hard to improve Skype. Here's what's new:
- Support for calling using SiriKit
- Noise cancellation for calls
- React to a message by tapping someone else's reaction to use the same one
- Bug fixes and improvements
Visit https://go.skype.com/whatsnew for more details.
Ratings and Reviews
I use iphone xr cannot login skype. Error and keep error. Many time delete the app and install again but still cannot login. Why this happen? This problem cause me slow my work. Please take this action ASAP.
I finally got this app to work in this phone but I have experienced further difficulties to install Outlook webmail and Skype webcam/audio/text in new devices as are my friends and relatives up to the point that some get blocked for example because their systems can only run old versions of windows such as Vista. I can not yet install Skype outside the Outlook in my MacOs Sierra notebook; however, in that devise it is already working within the Outlook webmail.
I realise that those legacy systems owners are not contributing much revenue and earnings to Microsoft but you should keep in mind that being able to communicate with them contributes to the value perceived by corporate and private users that make procurement decisions about IT hardware and software.
With more people being reachable by WhatsApp and other Messengers but not through Skype I perceive as less value to maintain and update my Windows equipment and to by new.
Expired credit? Really Microsoft?
I’m not sure what your game plan is... stealing a few dollars from my credit every year causing me to go through a painful process (wasting time) to get it back. Pathetic behavior. Started after Microsoft bought Skype.
Your app is becoming increasing irrelevant. You might want to keep what few customers already use Skype by not irritating them. Stop being a greedy corporate tyrant and leave our cash/credit alone. I keep Skype for emergencies. And I’m sure I’m not the only one. Think for a second. As you strive towards the subscription model, don’t alienate customers by grabbing a few dollars every year.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Skype Communications S.a.r.l
- 141.1 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 12.2 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.2 or later.
English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2003 - 2022 Skype Limited, Patents Pending. Skype, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" symbol are trade marks of Skype Limited
- In-App Purchases
- Skype Credit RM19.90
- Skype Credit RM39.90
- United States RM13.90
- Skype Credit RM104.90
- World RM64.90
- China RM14.90
- Malaysia RM39.90
- India RM37.90
- Yemen RM45.90
- United States Skype number RM35.90
Get things done within this app using just your voice.