WhatsApp from Facebook is a FREE messaging and video calling app. It’s used by over 2B people in more than 180 countries. It’s simple, reliable, and private, so you can easily keep in touch with your friends and family. WhatsApp works across mobile and desktop even on slow connections, with no subscription fees*.
Private messaging across the world
Your personal messages and calls to friends and family are end-to-end encrypted. No one outside of your chats, not even WhatsApp, can read or listen to them.
Simple and secure connections, right away
All you need is your phone number, no user names or logins. You can quickly view your contacts who are on WhatsApp and start messaging.
High quality voice and video calls
Make secure video and voice calls with up to 8 people for free*. Your calls work across mobile devices using your phone’s Internet service, even on slow connections.
Group chats to keep you in contact
Stay in touch with your friends and family. End-to-end encrypted group chats let you share messages, photos, videos and documents across mobile and desktop.
Stay connected in real time
Share your location with only those in your individual or group chat, and stop sharing at any time. Or record a voice message to connect quickly.
Share daily moments through Status
Status allows you to share text, photos, video and GIF updates that disappear after 24 hours. You can choose to share status posts with all your contacts or just selected ones.
*Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details.
If you have any feedback or questions, please go to WhatsApp > Settings > Help > Contact Us
* You can now send photos and videos that can only be viewed once by recipients. To get started, take a picture or choose an item from your gallery and tap the new "1" icon that appears next to the caption.
* Updated the style of in-app message notifications.
These features will roll out over the coming weeks. Thanks for using WhatsApp!
Ratings and Reviews
Hi whatsapp devs, i’ve been using whatsapp forever now and its super useful to contact family and friends. I’d like to propose that you add a “poll” feature, where an admin of a group can create a simple poll and the members can then vote on it.
Before this we’ve been doing it manually. for example, to ask everyone about their availability for a meeting, the admin would post an empty list in the group. Members who are available and not available will then have to copy, paste and resend the list, with their own name in either available, not available or others.
But then again, devs know the app better than we do. If adding this feature will make the app heavier and slower, i guess its best to keep it as it is. We already love the fast app response that whatsapp offers. Thank you.
Font size problem?
Due to the title, apparently a month ago I found that there is a font size problem in WhatsApp. This problem occurs everytime when I was/am looking at my contacts’ status. I use small font size setting for my phone and usually the WhatsApp will use that font size. It was good until I discovered that the font size on my status and other contact’s status keep changing. Sometimes the font size is normal, sometimes the font size is too small and sometimes the font size is too bigger. I don’t know how to describe this problem but if I scroll through all of my contact’s status, for example if they upload 3 status, first status the font size is normal, next the second status the font size is magically too much bigger, then I went back to the first status, it’s suddenly become really small, then the second status become really small too, finally the third status the font size become really big. Personally, this font size problem is really annoying me as I prefer to use small font size so I would like to have small font size just like my settings for iphone. Apparently, I thought that this was my phone’s problem, then I realized that my friends who use iphone are also having this font size problem. I discovered that this problem occurs after the launch of ios 14 updates for iphone. Sorry for my bad English, the app is good but I really hope you can fix this issue. Thank you in advance.
So far so good with the WhatsApp experience...just two things that hard for me to give 5 star...
1. First is about video call...i already using WhatsApp previous version and it fine actually the video quality its good sound is clear...but after i update to the newest version..i think the last two version its start to upset me...clarity is fine but its start to laggy..i think its about my network problem but my network is fine because i use video call everyday so i know when its fine and not but then i realise its actually from WhatsApp itself.
2. Second is about sticker...please give us a wide range variety of good quality sticker...i know we can get it from third pasty sticker but can you imagine that Telegram already surpass you..by 10 times...Telegram already got animated sticker while WhatsApp still stuck at very little sticker option even you support third party sticker app but Telegram sticker beyond you and those third party sticker...please WhatsApp improve your user experience...you know it hard for someone like me that use sticker alot but have limited sticker option
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- WhatsApp Inc.
- 182.3 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Bengali, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2021 WhatsApp LLC
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.