Color Contrast 17+
Mobile accessibility checker
Accessible Resources Ltd
Designed for iPad
- Offers In-App Purchases
Color Contrast is a tool to measure the contrast between two colors in a screenshot or mobile website, helping ensure your app meets the internationally recognized recommendations in the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG), for both versions 2.1 and 3.0 (Silver)
Color Contrast has the following features:
+ Verify that the color contrast between two colors in an app, website or photo is sufficient to pass WCAG 2.1 accessibility guidelines / Section 508.
+ View suggested colors
+ Generate a report that can be shared using SMS, Email or Notes.
+ Verify color contrast directly from Safari and Photos app.
+ Audit web pages for compliance using AXE.
To use Color Contrast
1. Load an image or website by tapping the icon in the top right corner. The image can be an existing image from the Photo Library or a new picture taken with the camera. Enter a URL to load a mobile website.
2. Move each color picker in turn to select two colors.
You can also pan around the image by swiping left/right/up/down or pinch to zoom in/out.
3. The Color Contrast results will be displayed at the bottom of the screen.
4. Tap the 'Share' icon to create a report that can be emailed, added to notes, copied or saved to your Photo Library.
About WCAG 2.1
WCAG 2.1 accessibility guidelines have three levels of compliance, A, AA and AAA. When considering large text (i.e. text which is above 18pt or larger), the minimum AA color contrast ratio is 3:1 and for AAA the ratio is 4.5:1. For normal text, the AA color contrast ratio is 4.5:1 and for AAA the color contrast ratio is 7:1.
For more information about WCAG 2.1, see https://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG21/
* WCAG 3.0 (Silver) *
The W3C Accessibility Guidelines 3.0 (Silver) reference an experimental color algorithm known as S-LUV Advanced Perceptual Contrast (SAPA) or Advanced Perceptual Contrast Algorithm (APCA). This algorithm can be enabled within the app via left-hand menu. To re-iterate, this algorithm is experimental and is likely to change in future.
For more information on SAPC-APCA, visit https://github.com/Myndex/SAPC-APCA/
Copy colors to clipboard
With Color Contrast you can also copy the current color to the clipboard in the follow formats:
- HTML Hex (e.g. #EEFFEE)
- UIColor from RGBA (e.g. UIColor(red:0, green:0, blue:0, alpha:0) )
- UIColor from HSB (e.g UIColor(hue:0, saturation:0, brightness:0, alpha:0))
We are continually improving Color Contrast, if you have any questions or feedback, please contact email@example.com
Improved UI for Suggested colors
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Accessible Resources Ltd
- 13.1 MB
- Graphics & Design
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2022 Accessible Resources
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly premium subscription USD 1.99
- Remove Ads USD 0.99