Never miss your bus again. Open up the app and boom: upcoming departure times for all nearby transit lines are right there, displayed in big text and bright colours. Plan your trip, set reminders, get notified about disruptions. Or maybe public transport isn't cooperating? Don't fret: you can easily request an Uber or grab a Boris Bike.
Transit works in London and Manchester, in addition to 175+ other cities across Europe and North America. Scroll down for the list. But first...
- Know when your next subway or bus is arriving with real-time predictions.*
- Plan A-to-B trips with ease.
- See exactly where your transit vehicle is on the map in real-time.*
- View schedules and route itineraries. Even offline.
- Locate bikeshare stations including how many bikes / docks are available.
- Check real-time ETAs for the closest Uber, and request a ride with two taps.
- Schedule alarms and get reminders before your bus or train arrives.
- Enable stop announcements and get notified when you're approaching your stop. (Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.)
*wherever real-time info is available from transit agencies.
“Blows Google Maps out of the water.”
“Love this so much I might sell my car.”
"Whereas Citymapper is really bloated with features this lets you see at a glance the next buses and tubes."
"So thankful, you're the reason I'm not afraid to use the bus."
"Truly ingenious work here. Honestly, these guys should be in charge of actual public transportation itself."
"Probably the best thing on my phone, no joke."
“This app makes me WANT to ride the bus."
FANCY PEOPLE LIKE US
**Apple’s Editors Choice**
**New York City MTA App Quest Winner**
**Elected Official App of the Toronto Transit Commission**
**World Class Design: Featured in Apple's Human Design Guidelines**
**Selected as a 'Killer App' by the Wall Street Journal**
See below for the full list of supported cities in Europe. You can find the complete list of cities and agencies at transitapp.com.
London: TfL* including London Rail and the Overground*, Ferries, Tramlink, Dockland Light Railway (DLR), Hogwarts Express :P, and Barclays Cycle Hire)
Manchester: Transport for Greater Manchester (TfGM)
Paris (RATP*, RER* and Transilien SNCF, Vélib)
Bordeaux (Bus et Tram de La Cub, Transgironde, VCub)
Grenoble (TAG*, Métrovélo)
Lyon (TCL, Vélo'V)
Marseille (RTM*, Aix-en-bus, Cartreize, Les Bus de l'Agglo, Frioul-If Express, TER Bouches-du-Rhône, Ciotabus, CPA, EnVIA, Ulysse, Omnibus, Libébus, Les bus des Collines, Les Bus des Cigales, Les Bus de la Marcouline, Les Bus de la Côte Bleue, Les Bus de l'Étang, le vélo)
Metz (LE MET', TER Moselle)
Nancy (Stan, VélOstan)
Nantes (tan*, Bicloo)
Nice (Lignes d'Azur*, Vélo Bleu)
Rennes (STAR*, Vélo STAR)
Sète (Thau Agglo Transport)
Strasbourg (CTS, Vélhop)
Toulouse (Tisséo*, VélôToulouse)
Berlin-Brandenburg: VBB*, BVG*, S-Bahn Berlin*, DB Regio*, ViP Potsdam*
Hamburg: HVV, S-Bahn Hamburg, Hochbahn - HHA, DB Regio, AKN
Rome (ATAC*, FS, Enjoy, Car Sharing Roma, Bike Sharing Roma)
Milan (ATM*, Trenord, Enjoy, Twist, GuidaMI, E-Vai, BikeMi)
*Uses real-time predictions and vehicle locations for some or all routes.
Transit also works in 175+ other cities including:
Congrats! You got to the end. Take the app for a spin and let us know how you like it on Twitter @transitapp!
- There was a little mischievous hobgoblin that would occasionally change departure times as you flit between the homescreen and the route details screen (the screen that opens when you tap on a line)
- Hobgoblin gone; departure times are now always consistent
- Is your calendar synced to Transit? If so, events that take place at “The Office” will no longer route you to “The Office”, an ironically-named/sitcom-themed bar in Memphis, Tennessee
- Trip suggestions to other weirdly-geocoded Calendar events should be patched up, too
- Impressive (but imperceptible) stability improvements to GO
- The address of a “Favourite location” will no longer occasionally drift
- Unless you have added the Mid-Atlantic Ridge separating North America and Europe as a “Favourite location” in which case…
Rate us five stars to send that Dastardly Tectonic Ridge back where it came from!!! (About 2.5cm away)
And don’t forget to say hi on Twitter. We’re @transitapp and eagerly await your next bug sighting and/or insouciant GIF :)
- 9280-0366 Quebec inc.
- 140.6 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 and watchOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2020 Transit App
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.