Simple. Reliable. Secure. — WhatsApp from Facebook
WhatsApp Messenger is a FREE messaging app available for iPhone and other smartphones. WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family. Switch from SMS to WhatsApp to send and receive messages, calls, photos, videos, documents, and Voice Messages.
WHY USE WHATSAPP:
• NO FEES: WhatsApp uses your phone's Internet connection (4G/3G/2G/EDGE or Wi-Fi, as available) to let you message and call friends and family, so you don't have to pay for every message or call.* There are no subscription fees to use WhatsApp.
• MULTIMEDIA: Send and receive photos, videos, documents, and Voice Messages.
• FREE CALLS: Call your friends and family for free with WhatsApp Calling, even if they're in another country.* WhatsApp calls use your phone's Internet connection rather than your cellular plan's voice minutes. (Note: Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details. Also, you can't access 911 and other emergency service numbers through WhatsApp).
• GROUP CHAT: Enjoy group chats with your contacts so you can easily stay in touch with your friends or family.
• WHATSAPP WEB: You can also send and receive WhatsApp messages right from your computer's browser.
• NO INTERNATIONAL CHARGES: There's no extra charge to send WhatsApp messages internationally. Chat with your friends around the world and avoid international SMS charges.*
• SAY NO TO USERNAMES AND PINS: Why bother having to remember yet another username or PIN? WhatsApp works with your phone number, just like SMS, and integrates seamlessly with your phone's existing address book.
• ALWAYS LOGGED IN: With WhatsApp, you're always logged in so you don't miss messages. No more confusion about whether you're logged in or logged out.
• QUICKLY CONNECT WITH YOUR CONTACTS: Your address book is used to quickly and easily connect you with your contacts who have WhatsApp so there's no need to add hard-to-remember usernames.
• OFFLINE MESSAGES: Even if you miss your notifications or turn off your phone, WhatsApp will save your recent messages until the next time you use the app.
• AND MUCH MORE: Share your location, exchange contacts, set custom wallpapers and notification sounds, broadcast messages to multiple contacts at once, and more!
*Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details.
We're always excited to hear from you! If you have feedback, questions, or concerns, please email us at:
or follow us on twitter:
Note: WhatsApp is a telephony app, so iPod and iPad are not supported devices.
* New privacy settings allow you to control who can add you to groups. Admins will have the option of sending you a private invite instead. Go to Settings > Account > Privacy > Groups to get started.
* Added call waiting support so you can choose to accept an incoming WhatsApp call while you're already on another call.
* You can now send messages directly from the Braille keyboard when using VoiceOver mode.
* To reduce data usage, enabling your iPhone’s Low Data Mode will now disable media auto-download in WhatsApp.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I write to suggest some features that should be added to WhatsApp to make it more fun and a better user experience:
*When an admin of a group is adding somebody to a group, the person should see it as a request to join that group, so the person choose either to accept to join the group or decline the request
*WhatsApp should make it possible for users to be able to lock private chats or conversations with another person, with a unique pin, pattern or finger print scanner so that a third party person will not be able to open or access a particular conversation and read without the knowledge of the owner of the account or make it possible for a user to hide and Unhide a particular chat with somebody so that a third party will not be able to see their conversations or chats
*WhatsApp should make it possible for users to be able to clear all chats and conversations at ones rather than opening each chat with a person and clearing it manually
Thanks to the WhatsApp team for a great job and for making sure WhatsApp is always updated for a better user experience
The stickers ain’t totally downloading
This app is the greatest and best app I use to communicate with people. The status update is a total social fun on its own. I can’t stay an hour without using my WhatsApp. I really expect so much each time I update the app and it gives me so much back in returns but this time was so perplexed when I could only download just one sticker and none afterwards. Was thinking it was a network issue but come on this review won’t be written without a good internet. I’m still able to view status and all but then the stickers just put me out of download☹️. Great work you’re doing seriously, just help fix the sticker download limit I would call it
Video played in whatsApp should temporarily pause Music playing in Itunes
This latest update was lit and awesome... especially the security side of requiring a face ID or Fingerprints. Thanks for that, what i noticed is that when I’m listening to music playing in any music player in my Iphone, and i try to open a status which happens to be a video. The music won’t pause itself temporarily to let me hear the WhatsApp status video, instead the two will be playing all at once. If i can remember correctly previous updates wasn’t like. Whatsapp should temporarily pause that music already playing then one can hear what’s happening in the status video, after it finishes the music should continue. Please do something about that. Thanks
- WhatsApp Inc.
- 133.1 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone.
English, Arabic, Bengali, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2020 WhatsApp Inc.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.