WhatsApp from Facebook is a FREE messaging and video calling app. It’s used by over 2B people in more than 180 countries. It’s simple, reliable, and private, so you can easily keep in touch with your friends and family. WhatsApp works across mobile and desktop even on slow connections, with no subscription fees*.
Private messaging across the world
Your personal messages and calls to friends and family are end-to-end encrypted. No one outside of your chats, not even WhatsApp, can read or listen to them.
Simple and secure connections, right away
All you need is your phone number, no user names or logins. You can quickly view your contacts who are on WhatsApp and start messaging.
High quality voice and video calls
Make secure video and voice calls with up to 8 people for free*. Your calls work across mobile devices using your phone’s Internet service, even on slow connections.
Group chats to keep you in contact
Stay in touch with your friends and family. End-to-end encrypted group chats let you share messages, photos, videos and documents across mobile and desktop.
Stay connected in real time
Share your location with only those in your individual or group chat, and stop sharing at any time. Or record a voice message to connect quickly.
Share daily moments through Status
Status allows you to share text, photos, video and GIF updates that disappear after 24 hours. You can choose to share status posts with all your contacts or just selected ones.
*Data charges may apply. Contact your provider for details.
If you have any feedback or questions, please go to WhatsApp > Settings > Help > Contact Us
Ratings and Reviews
A Few Adjustments That Most Users Actually Need
1. Something has to be done about notifying the other person about a deleted message because most users feel it’s highly unnecessary and leads to conflicts at times.
2. Users should be allowed to have private locks for different private chats, entirely different from the app lock, because friends might know you phone password and might be able to access your private chats. This would do a whole lot of good
3. This has to be the single most important point, WhatsApp should please enable users choose who can text them. Let me break it down quick. Most users obviously have a lot of friends for but during a particular period we mightn’t feel like talking to everyone or maybe we just want texts from a few select friends. Now the point is that we want to be able to temporarily allow a few select friends text us without having to block the others. I feel a survey needs to be conducted to buttress my point. You’ll be surprised at the amount of people that want this.
4. Lastly, can we have an option to switch off whatever shows if we’re online or not? It’ll do us a world of good. Thank you!!!!
I write to suggest some features that should be added to WhatsApp to make it more fun and a better user experience:
*When an admin of a group is adding somebody to a group, the person should see it as a request to join that group, so the person choose either to accept to join the group or decline the request
*WhatsApp should make it possible for users to be able to lock private chats or conversations with another person, with a unique pin, pattern or finger print scanner so that a third party person will not be able to open or access a particular conversation and read without the knowledge of the owner of the account or make it possible for a user to hide and Unhide a particular chat with somebody so that a third party will not be able to see their conversations or chats
*WhatsApp should make it possible for users to be able to clear all chats and conversations at ones rather than opening each chat with a person and clearing it manually
Thanks to the WhatsApp team for a great job and for making sure WhatsApp is always updated for a better user experience
The stickers ain’t totally downloading
This app is the greatest and best app I use to communicate with people. The status update is a total social fun on its own. I can’t stay an hour without using my WhatsApp. I really expect so much each time I update the app and it gives me so much back in returns but this time was so perplexed when I could only download just one sticker and none afterwards. Was thinking it was a network issue but come on this review won’t be written without a good internet. I’m still able to view status and all but then the stickers just put me out of download☹️. Great work you’re doing seriously, just help fix the sticker download limit I would call it
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- WhatsApp Inc.
- 187.3 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Bengali, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humour Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2021 WhatsApp LLC
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.