AnkiMobile is a mobile companion to Anki, a powerful, intelligent flashcard program that is free, multi-platform, and open-source. Sales of this app support the development of both the computer and mobile version, which is why the app is priced as a computer application.
AnkiMobile offers some features not found in other flashcard apps:
- A free cloud synchronization service that lets you keep your card content synchronized across multiple mobile and computer devices. This makes it easy to add content on a computer and then study it on your mobile, easily keep your study progress current between an iPhone and iPad, and so on.
- The same proven scheduling algorithm that the computer version of Anki uses, which reminds you of material as you're about to forget it.
- A flexible interface designed for smooth and efficient study. You can set up AnkiMobile to perform different actions when you tap or swipe on various parts of the screen, and control which actions appear on the tool buttons.
- Comprehensive graphs and statistics about your studies.
- Support for large card decks - even 100,000+ cards.
- If your cards use images or audio clips, the media is stored on your device, so you can study without an internet connection.
- A powerful search facility that allows you to find cards that match criteria such as 'tagged high priority, answered in the last ten days and not containing the following words', and automatically place them into a deck to study.
- Support for displaying mathematical equations with MathJax, and rendering LaTeX created with the computer version.
Please note that AnkiMobile is currently intended as a companion to the computer version of Anki, rather than a complete replacement for it. While AnkiMobile is able to display your cards in the same way the computer version does, certain changes like modifying note types need to be done with the computer software. For this reason, please familiarize yourself with the computer version of Anki before you think about buying this app.
Please also note that while you can use almost any language on your cards, AnkiMobile's user interface is only available in English and Simplified Chinese at the moment.
Aside from the cloud synchronization service, AnkiMobile also supports copying decks to and from your device via the USB cable and iTunes.
Like all apps, AnkiMobile can be purchased once and then used on multiple devices in a household using the same Apple ID. Family sharing is also supported. For information on bulk discounts for educational institutions, please see Apple's Volume Purchase Program.
For more information on AnkiMobile, including a link to the online manual, please have a look at the support page: http://ankisrs.net/docs/AnkiMobile.html
If you have any questions or want to report an issue, please let us know on our support site and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.
- On iOS 13, you can now control the review screen with an external gamepad.
- Customize gamepad buttons in Preferences>Review.
- Fix a crash when returning to the browse screen from the legacy editor.
- Update the way the card question and answer are shown.
- Don't show card until MathJax has rendered.
- Smoothly scroll to the cursor position in the editor.
- Wrap long tags in the editor.
- Reset legacy editor setting.
- Fix a crash in the stats screen.
- Fix a memory leak in the editor.
- Fix platform styling on iPads in the preview screen.
- Fix forced night mode in the preview screen.
Language problems? Please see
If you run into any issues with the update, please let us know on https://help.ankiweb.net
Finding AnkiMobile useful? If you have a moment to rate the app, it would be greatly appreciated.
- On iPads running iOS 13, you can now add hand-drawn images to your cards.
- Two-finger hold on a drawn image to edit it.
- Show total+selected count in browse screen.
- Reduced double tap threshold, and added option in preferences to configure.
- Disable screen lock when auto-advancing.
- Fix some card templates showing up blank.
- Fix deck and note type selector in legacy editor.
- Fix congrats screen showing at wrong size.
- Fix cursor in editor sometimes not appearing in visible area.
- Fix importing of shared decks when V2 scheduler enabled.
- Fix a crash in the graphs screen.
- Improve flicker/slow image display.
- Improve text selection in editor.
- Add "Reset Cards" action in browse screen.
- Use decimal points for months/years on answer buttons.
- Fix "Change Deck" not working in Browse screen.
- Fix a number of crashes.
- Ignore accidental double taps in review screen.
- Turn off smart quotes in card template editor.
- Added a Chinese translation - a big thank you to 康志鼎 for the hard work!
- Add option to override dark mode on iOS 13.
- Night mode button in study screen toggles forcing on/off on iOS 13 now.
- Add option in Preferences>General to switch back to the legacy editor.
- Fix edit view and study view not resizing when window split.
- Fix bold/italic/underline keyboard shortcuts in editor.
- Fix top bar buttons appearing as 'add' instead of 'off' on new installs.
- Fix 'set due' not working from deck list->browser->editor.
- Fix some rows in preference screen not respecting system font size.
- Fix text appearing under keyboard in various screens.
- Fix text not scaling in preview screen on iPad.
- Fix .mobile and .ipad on iPadOS.
- Don't allow moving cards in a filtered deck in the browse screen.
- Preserve formatting when pasting/dragging between fields.
- Show keyboard shortcuts when holding down command key in editor.
- Port a fix to the V2 scheduler from the computer beta.
- Fix preview screen in card template editor not refreshing automatically.
- Remove nbsp from browse search results.
Beoordelingen en recensies
By far best SRS
I have been using Anki to study Japanese since 2009 and owe my skills mostly to this app and the knowledge I gained though reviewing.
The algorithm it uses is by far the best SRS out there. Stickystudies is fun to get acquainted with Japanese. But sooner or later you’ll want to switch to full sentences and this app is your friend.
The developer is very hands-on in replying to questions and has put a lot of effort into developing it for free over the years (the desktop version still is free to this day). So it was a no-brainer to buy this app as it makes studying using Anki way easier.
Do yourself a favor and get it, combine it with the desktop app and get to memorizing!
Good but has a bug
Creating a filtered randomly ordered deck with cards in review, does not work. If you do the exact same filter in the computer version you will get a random filtered deck. In the mobile version it will not be random despite selecting that option.
Being able to use random temporary decks was the main reason for me to buy this app so to see that this doesn't work yet is disappointing.
Reactie van ontwikkelaar ,
A fix for this is coming in the next update - in the mean time, if you ignore the labels and pick the second option, it should give you a random order.
This new update greatly improves the User Interface.
It is a pleasure to work with !
Delen met gezin
Tot zes gezinsleden kunnen deze app gebruiken als Delen met gezin staat ingeschakeld.