Staying on task seems is a real challenge for our screen-bound generation. The Be Focused lets you get things done by breaking up individual tasks among discrete intervals, separated by short breaks. It’s a surprisingly effective way to retain motivation and focus. Create tasks, configure breaks and track your progress throughout the day, week or custom period. Use either your iPhone, iPad or Mac – your devices always stay in sync.
- Start, pause, or skip intervals
- Auto-start the next timer (option)
- Customize the timer settings to maximize productivity:
• Work interval duration
• Short break duration
• Long break duration
• Number of intervals between long breaks
• Target number of intervals per day
- Manage your tasks
- Specify different timer settings for different tasks
- Add notes, tags and due dates to tasks
- Use filters by tags and due dates to keep focussed on the most important tasks
- Estimate the number of intervals required to complete a task and track the estimation error
- View and manage completed intervals
- Export data to a CSV file
- Customize reports for fast and easy goal tracking
- Ability to paste a task list from other apps
- Global hotkeys to start or stop the timer from any app
- Optional chronometer ticking sound
- Customizable frequency of the chronometer sound
- Wide range of alarm sounds
- Ability to adjust alarm and chronometer volumes
- Launch at startup (option)
- Integration with Focus Matrix to manage tasks using Eisenhower's urgent/important principle*
- Syncs between iPad, iPhone and Mac**
- Also available for iPhone and iPad
* Integration with Focus Matrix requires the Pro version of Focus Matrix, sold separately.
** Sync with iOS devices requires Be Focused Pro for iOS, sold separately.
• Ability to specify different timer settings for different tasks
• Task details panel where you can:
- Add notes to a task
- Assign a due date
- Specify activity type (you can configure a set of activity types to specify different timer settings for different tasks)
- Add or remove tags
- Estimate a number of intervals required to complete a task (then you can evaluate the estimation error for completed tasks in reports)
- View and manage completed intervals
• Improved reports, so now you can:
- Switch report units between Intervals and Hours
- Configure reports using tags
- Evaluate the estimation error for completed tasks
- Auto save report settings between application sessions
• Filters by tags and due dates to keep focussed on the most important tasks
• Shortcuts for various operations (see them in tooltips)
• Improved integration with Focus Matrix
• Multiple bug fixes and improvements
Please update both macOS and iOS versions. If you use Focus Matrix, please update it as well.
Beoordelingen en recensiesBekijk alles
Ik vind het een heerlijke app op zowel macbook, Iphone als Iwatch. Het helpt me te focussen en streng voor mezelf te zijn. Ik laat me makkelijk afleiden en stel dat nu uit tot mijn pauzes.
This app very often asks to write a review. That’s not helping me to concentrate on the tasks I’m doing, it doesn’t help me to focus.
Works better than other pomodoro apps
I had been looking for a good pomodoro application and finally I found this one. It really covers all the points I need
- Excellent interface
- Synchronisation with iPhone and with Apple Watch
- Easy to use
- Timer visible in menu bar
- Good keyboard shortcuts
It’s a great tool to implement the pomodoro technique, which in itself is fantastic for keeping concentration and focus on tasks at hand.
On the minus side, I think that the Apple Watch app needs a bit of work in terms of usability
Update Oct 2016: I am still using this app. I think I can attribute a big part of my recent professional success to this applicaiton. It really helps one keep focused and do just one thing at a time. Essential!!
Update Feb 2017: I still find this the best tool to ensure that I will get something done. The fact that the clock is ticking makes me concentrate in full in the task, and then the 25 minutes are actually very productive!
- Denys Yevenko
- 19.3 MB
OS X 10.11 of hoger, 64-bit processor
Duits, Engels, Frans, Italiaans, Portugees, Russisch, Spaans
- © 2020 Retexlab
- € 5,49
Delen met gezin
Tot zes gezinsleden kunnen deze app gebruiken als Delen met gezin staat ingeschakeld.