Brushes Redux is a painting app designed exclusively for iOS. Rewritten from the ground up, Brushes Redux is universal — the same version runs on both your iPhone and your iPad. Move paintings between your devices and keep working wherever you go.
An accelerated OpenGL-based painting engine makes painting smooth and responsive — even with huge brush sizes. Brushes also records every step in your painting. Show off your creative process by replaying your paintings directly on your device.
– Create paintings with dimensions up to 4096x4096
– Full support for all Retina devices
– Background autosave
– Unlimited undo and redo
– Simple and approachable interface
– Full screen painting
– Record and replay paintings
– Ultrafast OpenGL-based painting engine
– Huge brush sizes up to 512x512 pixels
– Simulated pressure
– 64-bit painting on the latest hardware
– 14 parameterized brush shapes
– Adjustable brush settings (spacing, jitter, scatter, etc.)
– Adjustable color opacity
– Invert color and desaturate
– Flip and arbitrarily transform layers
– Adjustable color balance (iPad only)
– Adjustable hue, saturation and brightness (iPad only)
– Create up to 10 layers
– Lock and hide layers
– Lock layer transparency
– Adjust layer opacity
– Duplicate, rearrange, and merge layers
– Change blending modes: normal, multiply, screen, exclude
Import and Export:
– Integrated with Dropbox
– Import native Brushes 3 files, JPEG, and PNG files
– Export as native Brushes 3 files, JPEG, PNG, and Photoshop files (with layers)
– Place images from your photo album into paintings
– Copy paintings to the pasteboard
– Zoom with two finger pinch
– Zoom in with two finger double tap
– Zoom to fit with two finger double tap
– Toggle interface visibility with a single tap (this can be changed to a two finger tap in the app settings)
– Tap and hold to access eyedropper tool
Screenshot credit: "Portrait of Ally" by John Bavaro (http://johnbavaro.com)
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
- The black artifacts are finally gone thanks to Patrice Kouame (SpiraMira)
- iPad Pro support
- Apple Pencil experimental support
- Better export support, which means you can now AirDrop, export to other apps directly from Brushes
- Import of editable Brushes files. Now you can open painting via AirDrop, from e-mails and continue working on the painting
- Enabled iTunes File Sharing to be able to access your paintings from a computer
Beoordelingen en recensies
Superprogramma crasht helaas!
Dit is een zo’n fijn tekenprogramma, ook gebruikt door David Hockney. Daarom echt erg dat het meteen crasht.
Please, repareer het!!!!
Finally a free Brushes that works!
waiting for a long time on this new brushes, because the Brushes 3 from Taptrix doesn't work anymore on my ipad. (why isn't that one deleted from the appstore?)
thanks a lot guys!
Promised HR export not possible
Very good painting app. But... there is a serious printing and syncing issue and it leaves you in the cold when you update your hardware. There seems to be no way to get years of work out of my old ipad2 and give it the resolution needed for printing the files by transferring them to Brushes Viewer on the Mac. For some reason, Brushes Viewer doesn’t recognize them. Transferring the files from ipad2 to ipad6 by syncing via dropbox is also not possible: the Dropbox integration has been dropped for Brushes on ipad6. Syncing via icloud drive is also not possible: ipad2 does not have icloud drive.. For this reason I changed Brushes for ArtRage. If anybody would succeed in solving the printing issue, I would immediately return to Brushes.
Tiny images. The promised export at higher resolution is not possible. The .brushes documents don't open. Also, the older version v1 offered on the developer's site is actually the later incompatible viewer version. The older version of brushes itself appearently also has disppeared without a trace. In short: useful export is no longer possible. Surprising & frustrating. Perhaps mr. Hockney could advise us how to enlarge our .brushes paintings.
All stars, use it for many years. Always return to it after experiments with other apps. My only regret, on iPad 2 version 9.3.5 the max. (and only) resolution is 1024x768. I can turn the canvas 90 degrees but that's all..
De ontwikkelaar, Christoffer Hoel, heeft aangegeven dat volgens de toepassing van het privacybeleid van de app gegevens kunnen worden beheerd zoals hieronder staat beschreven.
Niet aan jou gekoppelde gegevens
De volgende gegevens worden mogelijk verzameld, maar zijn niet gekoppeld aan je identiteit:
Toepassing van het privacybeleid kan variëren op basis van bijvoorbeeld de functies die je gebruikt of je leeftijd. Lees meer
- Christoffer Hoel
- 16 MB
- Vereist iOS 8.0 of nieuwer.
- Vereist iPadOS 8.0 of nieuwer.
- iPod touch
- Vereist iOS 8.0 of nieuwer.
- Vereist een Mac met macOS 11.0 of nieuwer én Apple M1-chip.
- © Steve Sprang (Christoffer Hoel)
Delen met gezin
Tot zes gezinsleden kunnen deze app gebruiken als Delen met gezin staat ingeschakeld.