This is the official DhammaOrg iOS mobile App for Vipassana Meditation as taught by S.N. Goenka in the tradition of Sayagyi U Ba Khin.
Vipassana, which means to see things as they really are, is one of India's most ancient techniques of meditation. It was taught in India more than 2500 years ago as a universal remedy for universal ills, an Art of Living. Vipassana is the process of self-purification by self-observation. One begins by observing the natural breath to concentrate the mind. Then, with a sharpened awareness, one proceeds to observe the changing nature of body and mind and experiences the universal truths of impermanence, suffering and egolessness. This truth-realization by direct experience results in mental purification.
The technique of Vipassana Meditation is taught at 10-day residential courses during which participants learn the basics of the method, and practice sufficiently to experience its beneficial results. There are no charges for the courses - not even to cover the cost of food and accommodation. All expenses are met by donations from people who, having completed a course and experienced the benefits of Vipassana, wish to give others the opportunity to also benefit.
Courses are given in numerous Meditation Centers and at Non-Center course locations. Each location has its own schedule of courses. In most cases, an application for admission to these courses can be completed online using this App. There are numerous Centers currently in operation and more in development around the world, including Africa, Americas, Asia, Europe, and Oceania.
Features of this App
- Learn more about Vipassana Meditation.
- Find locations near you that offer Vipassana Meditation courses from a complete worldwide listing or map of over 300 locations spread across 80+ countries.
- Locate Vipassana Meditation courses using search criteria such as dates, regions, and instruction languages.
- Apply and register to attend a Vipassana Meditation course.
- Download or listen online to audio resources in different languages, including 10-Day Discourses and instructions for Mini- Ānāpāna meditation.
- Stream videos in different languages, including 10-Day Discourses, Talks, Interviews, and Q&As by S.N. Goenka, Documentaries about Vipassana for adults and children, Vipassana for business executives and Vipassana in prisons, and a Mini-Ānāpāna Introduction and Practice.
- Support for creating and maintaining individual user account
- Pre-fill course application forms with profile information from user account
- Sync user account with updated information provided on application forms
- One hour group sitting recordings in 25+ different languages.
- Play group sitting recordings with an option to log your daily sittings. All logged data is only stored locally on your device.
- Turn on group sitting counter to join and see how many Old Students are currently meditating.
- Find information about group sittings and other events hosted near you or hosted online.
- Additional audio resources, including discourses for Mahāsatipaṭṭhāna Sutta, 1/2/3-day, and 7-day teenager courses; Morning Chantings and Dohas for 10-day courses; Special Chantings; Talks, Interviews, and Q&As by S.N. Goenka; Pāḷi Training; and Gong Sounds.
- Additional video resources, including Mahāsatipaṭṭhāna Sutta Discourses, Benefits of Dhamma Service, Talks, Interviews, and Q&As by S.N. Goenka for Old Students and Dhamma Servers, and Special Chantings in the Gem Set in Gold.
- A wealth of written resources including the Old Student Guide, Course Formalities and Pāḷi Passages, Group Sittings Chantings, the 10-Day Discourse Summaries, Glossary of Pāḷi Terms, FAQs about doing a Self Course, information about the Chain of Teachers in this Tradition, information about Dhamma Service, and Dāna.
- Administer standard or customized self courses
Beoordelingen en recensiesBekijk alles
Can not enter
After the update, I am not able to enter the app anymore. It stays somehow open, but it goes directly back to the screen of the IPhone.
Reactie van ontwikkelaar ,
Please update to the latest dhamma.org version from app store.
If you still see this issue. Please delete the existing app and download the app from store.
De ontwikkelaar, Dhamma.org, heeft aangegeven dat de werkwijze van de app omtrent privacy mogelijk het gebruik van gegevens omvat zoals hieronder wordt beschreven. Ga voor meer informatie naar het privacybeleid van de ontwikkelaar.
Niet aan jou gekoppelde gegevens
De volgende gegevens worden mogelijk verzameld, maar zijn niet gekoppeld aan je identiteit:
Toepassing van het privacybeleid kan variëren op basis van bijvoorbeeld de functies die je gebruikt of je leeftijd. Lees meer
- SAYATGYI U BA KHIN MEMORIAL TRUST OF MASSACHUSSETS, INC
- 114 MB
- Gezondheid en fitness
- Vereist iOS 10.0 of nieuwer.
- Vereist iPadOS 10.0 of nieuwer.
- iPod touch
- Vereist iOS 10.0 of nieuwer.
- Vereist een Mac met macOS 11 of nieuwer én Apple M1-chip.
Nederlands, Engels, Frans, Gujarati, Hindi, Italiaans, Koreaans, Marathi, Pools, Portugees, Spaans, Telugu, Trad. Chinees, Tsjechisch, Vereenv. Chinees
- © Sayagyi U Ba Khin Memorial Trust of Mass., Inc.
Delen met gezin
Tot zes gezinsleden kunnen deze app gebruiken als Delen met gezin staat ingeschakeld.