Flip is a sample-based mobile music studio that was designed for a fast and intuitive work flow. Import your own sounds via AirDrop or the Files app, or record sounds directly with your device's microphone or a connected iOS interface. As soon as you record a sound it’s available to be played on drum pads as well as being mapped across a keyboard. Sounds can be subtly shaped or entirely transformed using the built-in effects and easy-to-use editing tools.
You can record a quantized or unquantized performance on the pads or keyboard. There is also a full piano roll where you can enter and edit notes and velocities.
Record knob movements or draw automation by hand to bring even more life to your sounds. Every automation lane can also have its own independent length, for polymetric and generative music possibilities.
Create up to 16 different sections for your song and drag and drop them into any order to create your arrangement.
Mixing and mastering tools allow you to finish a full track without ever leaving your phone. You can export your full track, or hit the tape icon and record the live output of the app while you tweak anything on the fly. Both options allow you to capture individual track stems as well!
A performance page lets you trigger your patterns live while controlling a global filter, assignable pitch bends and reverb sends, and a random fill generator.
Artist packs are available in-app at $3.99 or less, which include original sounds and projects from Andrew Huang, Cuckoo, Chuck Sutton, Kilamanzego, Pusher, and more on the way all the time.
- 9 track sampler
- 4 effects per track: Delay, Filter, Chorus, Bitcrush
- Graphic EQ per track
- Monophonic or up to 16-note polyphonic playback per sample
- Adjustable pitch, volume, playback direction, sample start and stop points
- 19 automatable parameters per track
- Independent lengths for each automation lane
- Automation can be recorded via knob movements or drawn by hand
- Drum pad and keyboard input
- Full piano roll with 10 octaves, note velocity, editing tools
- Randomization over sample selection for quick inspiration
- Randomization over note position to create surprising variations
- Drag-and-drop song arrangement page
- Global reverb with individual track sends
- Mixing and mastering tools
- Powerful performance features for creating instant fills, pitch shifts, reverb sends, and global low or high pass filtering
- Export full track and stems
- Live recording of performances
- Metronome with tap tempo and swing/shuffle
- Ableton Link integration for easy syncing with other devices over WiFi
- Share projects and sounds via AirDrop, email, etc.
- Undo and redo
- Sample settings tab: Added possibility to change a sample’s root note
- Sample settings tab: Double tap on either of the loop range sliders to initialize a pad
- Browser: Added AudioShare sample import button
- Browser: When a pad is tapped the sample it uses will be highlighted in the browser
- Browser: Delete, Rename improvements
- Browser: Disallow deleting the samples used for the metronome
- New projects will start with blank pads
- Improvements to project autosaving
- Projects page: Imported projects will be appended with a number if the name already exists
- Project page: Exporting a project is no longer just a .flip file but a zip that also includes all samples used
- This zip can also be directly imported back into Flip (no need to unzip and import the individual files)
- Piano roll: Increased amount of vertical zoom to 6 semitones
- Piano roll: Keyboard and piano roll now share the exact same range (was previously offset by a few semitones)
- Performance page bugfix: Pitch slider sometimes went 1 semitone higher than the maximum
- Automatic search for missing samples if a project opens with missing samples
- Clock improvement
Beoordelingen en recensiesBekijk alles
Playful and powerful yet easy and intuitive
Flip is the kind of app I was looking for on my Ipad to make music. The current toolset allows for a fluent interaction after getting used to. My advise is to watch the video by Andrew Huang to know each feature and prevent wasting time by not utilizing each trick.
On version 1.0.4 (71) there might be a bug where the chords in the arrangement trigger the last chord when playing from the start, If the same pattern is next to each other. Creating extra overlap that isn’t desirable.
Awesome and intuitive music making app. Would be nice to record the FX automations to a pattern. But holy hell what a powerhouse of an app.
Nice but with some twists
This is the app i have been looking for. Freedom to record own samples and a nice user interface. There are some problems however. When I am busy with the note editor has the app a tendency to crash. This is very unfortunate, however I heard that this is going to be fixed. The only thing holding me back from giving this the full 5 stars, are the default songs that keep reappearing, even if you delete them! Very annoying. Please get an update out that doesn’t put those songs back.
Those problem aside. Great job! This is what a daw on a phone should look like.
Reactie van ontwikkelaar ,
This should be fixed with the latest update
De ontwikkelaar, Suture Sound Inc., heeft aangegeven dat de werkwijze van de app omtrent privacy mogelijk het gebruik van gegevens omvat zoals hieronder wordt beschreven. Ga voor meer informatie naar het privacybeleid van de ontwikkelaar.
Er worden geen gegevens verzameld
De ontwikkelaar verzamelt geen gegevens van deze app.
Toepassing van het privacybeleid kan variëren op basis van bijvoorbeeld de functies die je gebruikt of je leeftijd. Lees meer
- Suture Sound Inc.
- 373.6 MB
Vereist iOS 10 of nieuwer. Compatibel met iPhone, iPad en iPod touch.
- © Andrew Huang
- € 10,99
- In-app aankopen
- LAID BACK (Andrew Huang) € 3,49
- SYNTHWAVE (Pusher) € 3,49
- C Flipiq (Cuckoo) € 4,49
Delen met gezin
Tot zes gezinsleden kunnen deze app gebruiken als Delen met gezin staat ingeschakeld.