HLTH is a smart application, available exclusively for Mac, that is designed to let you adopt a healthy sitting position when you work in front of your computer. It sends you notifications when your sitting position gets worse.
Many of us often work from home, where we sometimes don't have the best workplace. Working in a bad way in front of your screen every day is not healthy. Medical research shows that poor sitting posture can lead to back, shoulder and neck complaints (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10633536). Unfortunately, it is often not an option to simply no longer sit in front of the computer.
HLTH helps you to adopt a healthy sitting position. The application does this by using the webcam in your computer.
When the app is first opened, you teach HLTH your correct sitting position. HLTH will then monitor your posture and send you notifications when you lean too far forward or backward.
HLTH uses an algorithm to calculate a score that indicates how good or bad you are seated. The application does this without putting too much strain on your computer's performance or battery.
A lot of work and attention has been paid to the design. HLTH has a simple and minimalist look and works in the background from the menu bar. Different colors indicate the good or bad sitting position.
- Simple and minimalistic look
- Shows reports of your sitting posture for today and the past 7 days
- Choose whether you want to receive notifications
- Works offline
- No account required to use the app
- Quickly open the app via the menu bar
- Touch Bar™ support: pause or resume the app and see your current score
- Indicates sitting position in the menu bar (with colours)
- Fixed an issue with images that were not localised
- Fixed an issue that would turn off the camera when the calibration window was closed
- Updated the look and feel of the score indicator
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
This app really helps me to sit straight in front of my laptop! Especially important in times like these when you’re working from home and might not have a good desk chair to support your back. Really easy to set up and use. Love the design. Overall recommended!
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.