* 2012 Parents' Choice Gold Award winner - Parents' Choice Foundation
* 2012 Editor's Choice Award for Excellence in Design - Children'sTechnology Review *
"Daren says that he “designs Math Doodles to provide a place where anyone can discover the joy, wonder, and fun of mathematics.” My family would say that he’s succeeded in doing just that."
- The iPhone Mom
"Beautiful, fun, and engaging! I think it is a must have for a classroom set of iPads, and it's a beautiful example of what math games should be."
- Game Lab Mom
It wasn't until after my school years, that I became a lover of math. I managed to slip through all of those classes, text books, and homework assignments, without learning one of the most important math lessons of all. Math IS FUN!
I design Math Doodles to provide a place where anyone can discover the joy, wonder, and fun of mathematics.
This version of "Math Doodles" introduces four challenges plus an additional functional sneak peek challenge that will be made available in it's finished form in a future free update. Each Challenge provides plenty of mathematical practice, within a recreational math setting. The mathematical puzzles allow users to play, explore, and experiment with mathematical concepts, while developing and strengthening their strategy and problem solving skills. Math Doodles challenges are designed to allow for multiple solutions and strategies. There isn't only one correct answer.
1. Sums Stackers: Values are piled into three stacks. Each stack is randomly assigned a target sum. Move values and sets of values around with the tip of your finger from stack to stack until the sums of each stack equal the target sums represented at the bottom of the screen. The values can be represented in 22 different ways that vary in their level of abstraction: preschoolers might start with the fingers, dice or ringlets, because they can be easily counted, while older children or adults can find a challenge with coins, roman numerals, the word spelled in Spanish, or even binary.
2. Connect Sums: Users develop their number sense by trying to clear series of random values presented in a 4x4 array. Selected values are cleared when their sum equals the target sum. Users can choose from 22 different value representations and two levels of difficulty.
3. Unknown Square: Users begin to explore algebraic thinking by developing strategies to solve for unknowns found in a 3x3 array of values. Horizontal, vertical, and diagonal sums for the values are shown.
4. Splat Go Round : Users develop an understanding for rotations by experiencing math in action. Users rotate a fly swatter to splat a target fly. Users can choose from several rotational modes including clock hours, clock minutes, angles, and fractions.
5. Sneak Peek Challenge - Pattern Twist : Develop spatial visualization of patterns while solving this Math Doodle puzzle.
1. Solve Mode: Strategically solve five random sets in the fewest number of moves.
2. Infinity Mode: Play as long as you wish.
3. Race Mode: Rack up as many points as you can solving puzzles, before time runs out.
Each challenge has an easy mode and a hard mode:
VALUE REPRESENTATION OPTIONS FOR THE FIRST 3 CHALLENGES:
- Hole Tiles
- Ten Frames
- Tally Marks
- Spanish Tally Marks
- Roman Numerals
- Chinese Numbers
- Arabic Numbers
- Gurmukhi Numbers
- Hebrew Numbers
- Hindi Numbers
- Binary Numbers
- English Words
- Spanish Words
- Math Prefixes
- US Coins
- US Dollars
- Area Fractions
- Bar Fractions
- Number & Operations
- Number Sense
- Time and Clocks
- Problem Solving
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Math Enjoyment
More Math Doodle apps:
SYMMETRY SHUFFLE - iPad
SUMS STACKER - iPhone
CONNECT SUMS - iPhone
Added a new set of expressions blocks.
Updated for new iOS
Delen met gezin
Tot zes gezinsleden kunnen deze app gebruiken als Delen met gezin staat ingeschakeld.