My Aurora Forecast Pro is the best app for seeing the Northern Lights. Built with a sleek dark design, it appeals to both tourists and serious aurora watchers by telling you what you want to know - whether that is exactly how likely you are to see the aurora borealis or details about the solar winds and high-resolution sun imagery. With this app, you'll be seeing the Northern Lights in no time.
- Find the current KP index and how likely you are to see the Northern Lights.
- View a list of the best locations to view from right now.
- Map showing how strong the aurora is around the world, based on the SWPC ovation auroral forecast.
- Free push notifications when auroral activity is expected to be high.
- Forecasts for the next hour, several hours and several weeks so you can plan your Northern Lights viewing long in advance (subject to weather conditions).
- Solar wind statistics and sun imagery.
- Tour information so if you're considering to go to locations such as Iceland, Sweden, Finland or even Alaska or Canada, you'll be able to find tours that we can recommend to you.
- Support for the latest iPhone and iPad models (including split view).
- Apple Watch and tvOS support so you can check the aurora on all of your devices!
If you want the latest updates on geomagnetic activity and enjoy viewing the aurora borealis, this app is right for you. It is similar to other apps such as Aurora Forecast., AuroraWatch UK and Aurorasaurus.
Beoordelingen en recensiesBekijk alles
Works really well
I don’t regret buying the pro version to get rid of those bloody ads. Forecast was pretty reliable, even days in advance. If you’re away from light pollution, it might pay to check for yourself if there are auroras going on when the kp index and cloud forecast are good, even if you haven’t received a notification. Used it in Iceland in winter 2018-19.
It works sometimes.
I use this app when I’m traveling to Iceland or want to see the aurora activity. Now I’m in Iceland and I saw the activity showing 3,33 KP index and clear sky. The aurora draw (orange part) was over Iceland and after 3 hours waiting nothing happened. The sky got cloudy again and I drove back to the hotel. Seems that you need to be lucky, the app just give you an info that is available at NASA and maybe it is right.
While in Kiilopaa finland no notification received on phone while app did show perfect conditions.
Reactie van ontwikkelaar ,
In these regions the app will send you a notification when the chance of seeing aurora is high. This depends on how high the KP value is as well. It often needs to be a chance of 30% to 40% before it will notify you to prevent you from being notified all the time about a small chance of seeing a barely-visible aurora. If you can open the app, go onto the Settings screen and tap the 'Report problem with app' button at the bottom I'll be able to tell you exactly what happened though.
- JRustonApps B.V.
- 156 MB
- Het weer
Vereist iOS 8.0 en watchOS 2.0 of later. Compatibel met iPhone, iPad en iPod touch. Apple TV.
Duits, Engels, Frans, Koreaans, Russisch, Vereenv. Chinees, Zweeds
- Deze app kan je locatie gebruiken zelfs als de app niet geopend is. Hierdoor kan de batterij sneller leegraken.
- © 2019 jRustonApps B.V.
- € 2,29
Delen met gezin
Tot zes gezinsleden kunnen deze app gebruiken als Delen met gezin staat ingeschakeld.