The medical care of trauma patients demands fast thinking and accurate, up-to-date resources. And there is no more reliable resource for trauma information than the American College of Surgeons (ACS). This app was developed alongside their seminal course, Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS). ATLS has trained more than 1.5 million participants in more than 75,000 courses around the world.
ATLS provides the essential information and skills for doctors, nurses, and other health professionals to identify and treat life-threatening injuries under the extreme pressures of the trauma environment. The international nature of the program means that the content is adaptable to a variety of geographic, economic, social, and medical practice situations.
Whether in a hospital trauma bay, on the highway at a motor vehicle crash, in a disaster area after a bombing, or in a foreign country’s war zone, clinicians need ready access to critical resources and references. The content and skills presented in this app will add to the armamentarium of doctors and other clinicians who treat trauma patients.
The app includes a free preview of the 1st chapter.
Additional content can be purchased to instantly gain full access to the following:
• Interactive visuals, such as treatment algorithms and x-ray identification
• Just in Time video segments capturing key skills in minutes
• Calculators, such as pediatric burn calculator and the Parkland Formula to determine fluid administration
• Animations, such as airway management and surgical cricothyroidotomy
For those who have purchased the 9th edition of the ATLS Student Course Manual, simply enter the book code that was packaged in the book to gain free access to all the content.
This update fixes issues with Just In Time videos due to iOS 14.
Ratings and Reviews
Useful but outdated
Looks like the last update was in 2009
Not a very good companion
Very brief and directed only to the countries that use lbs,...
Nice addition to textbook
..would rate 4 stars if movie "primary survey" wouldn't make the app crash..
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- American College of Surgeons
- 95 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Arabic, Armenian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- 17+ Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2017 American College of Surgeons
- In-App Purchases
- MyATLS All Access € 10,99
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.