Scan sheet music and instantly listen with music with Sheet Music Scanner. Sheet Music Scanner makes it easy for you to scan or upload printed sheet music. Listen to the music printed on the page in a number of different formats and instruments, directly on your device.
Ever wanted to know how that interesting-looking piece of sheet music actually sounds? Now you can know instantly. Just point your iPhone or iPad at the sheet and let it play the notes for you.
Listen to the notes and help yourself learn along the way. Sheet Music Scanner lets you scan and playback from any part of the song, just tap the measure and listen to your sheet music.
You can even choose the instrument, pick the speed and enjoy!
Download Sheet Music Scanner and scan your sheet music today!
2 for 1 universal iOS app: iPhone / iPod touch and iPad - you get Sheet Music Scanner for all your iOS devices for the price of one.
SHEET MUSIC SCANNER FEATURES
- Scan the whole sheet instantly using your built-in camera
- Scan and playback from any image in your Photo library or from a PDF *
- Playback from anywhere in the song - simply tap the measure, the notes and symbols are highlighted as they're played
- Reads and recognizes the following symbols of musical notation pertaining to melody, harmony, and rhythm: treble, bass, and alto (viola) clefs, notes, duration dots, rests, accidentals, note ties, triplets and other tuplets, repeat signs *
- Support for voices played in tandem, e.g. both piano hands at the same time, or all the choir voices
- Support for playing individual staffs separately, e.g. right or left piano hand
- Support for multiple pages
- Accommodates speeds between 50 and 330 beats per minute
* Some limitations apply - please see at the bottom of the page.
- Export as MIDI, MusicXML, audio (M4A / AAC, MP3, WAV), PDF to cloud storage, directly to other apps or via AirDrop
- All major cloud storages supported: iCloud, Dropbox, Google Drive, One Drive, etc. Note that the appropriate cloud storage client app has to be installed for this to work.
- Accordion, Acoustic Bass, Alto Sax, Bagpipes, Banjo, Bass Guitar, Celeste, Cello, Choir, Clarinet, Double Bass, Flute, French Horn, Guitar - Classical, Clean, Distortion, Glockenspiel, Harp, Mandolin, Marimba, Oboe, Organ (Percussive, Pipe, Reed, Rock, Tonewheel), Piano, Recorder, Tenor Sax, Trombone, Trumpet, Tuba, Vibraphone, Viola, Violin, Xylophone
- Supports actual instrument pitch for transposing instruments
- Supports pitch shift / sound transposition by semitones up to 2 octaves up or down
- Change your pitch standard based on instrument, from standard 440Hz to 380-480 Hz
MINIMUM RECOMMENDED DEVICES
iPhone 6, iPad Air, iPad Mini 2
- Reads printed sheet music, not handwritten or mimicking handwriting, tablatures, etc.
- Reads standard oval note heads only, no special symbols like shape notes.
- The following symbols are not currently supported: codas, percussion notation, dynamics, double sharps, double flats, and grace notes. These are planned to come in the future updates.
- Use high-quality printed sheet music and take photos under good enough light, when scanning from your camera, for optimal results. For scanning from a file, the recommended resolution is 300 DPI or 8-12 MPx per page.
- Some older prints and unusual fonts may not be recognizable.
If you experience any problems, please contact support at firstname.lastname@example.org
Added hiding of the bottom bar in the Player View in landscape mode on iPhone.
Minor recognition improvements based on user feedback.
Ratings and Reviews
Yes it works fine
Happy with this app (:
Super, hier kan ik wat mee
Now tenorclef support, great!
Very nice app! Export functions great. tenorclef recognition is now implemented, important for cellists. Thanx! Clef changes in the middle of a line is on the wishlist.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- David Zemsky
- 46 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © David Zemsky
- € 5,99
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.