Renewable energy and electric vehicles are important for a sustainable future. However, with more renewable power generation like solar and wind, which are intermittent, the electricity supply can become more expensive. Moreover, it becomes difficult to maintain a balance of supply and demand. Electric vehicles can overload the grid when they charge whenever they are plugged in. Also, they won't make use of cheap renewable if they always charge immediately. Stekker.app helps balance the grid by matching cheap renewable energy to your electric vehicle charging session in real-time. With Stekker.app, your electric vehicles become solution instead of a problem for the electricity grid.
- You get "sunny" discounts at select locations.
- Gives you complete control over the charging process.
- You decide when you want to leave with a charged battery, Stekker.app does the rest.
- Automatically optimizes the use of renewable energy available at a particular site.
- Effortlessly pay for your charging session with an automatic bank transfer.
How does it work?
1. You start charging and present a Stekker.app charging card at a partner location of Stekker.app. If you don't have the Stekker.app card yet, request one for free at https://stekker.app
2. The app will send a notification to choose how you wish to charge: "fast" or "green". Selecting "fast" or doing nothing mean it will charging immediately at maximum power.
3. If, however, you choose "green" and provide your desired time of departure, Stekker.app will start charging when it is optimal.
New icons, better push notification support and a number of bug fixes.
Delen met gezin
Tot zes gezinsleden kunnen deze app gebruiken als Delen met gezin staat ingeschakeld.